Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I own a 95 ls scoupe non turbo. Work i've done so far is Exedy Sports clutch, extractors with full 2 1/4'' exhaust, pod filter. With the new laws here in aus i cant drive turbo or a superchargered car till im 21 but i wanna make this scoupe as quick as i can. I been looking @ chips but i dunno if its worth it. Wat else can i possibly do ? I would love for the car to run 15s if possible non turbo. Im not intrested in changing the engine mangement system, and not really wanting to spend alot of money. Thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
hey there
seeing that you have done the basics, the other options other than turbo is a beta swap, this is where you stick a 2L motor in there.

otherwise i'd just keep it simple and do the suspension mods !
lightweight mods, !!

are you an Aussie ? if so check out the Hyper Auto Club, it has a few tastefully done s-coupes there !
Hyper Auto Club • Index page

·
Registered
464 Posts
The things you can do to any car are about the same. Look up Naturally Aspirated tuning and you come up with things that basically make the engine breathe more easily. Intake, header, exhaust, then custom intake manifolds and throttle bodies, then cams, then headwork, in general order of increasing cost.

Your car can be: Fast, Cheap, or Reliable. Pick two. Good quality parts and work cost more, so working on a budget takes time to save up. If you really wanted to go all-out, you could spend $6000+ on a non-turbo engine setup. Good luck!

·
Registered
621 Posts
he's done most of that.
but cams are a good way to go, add an engine management system. the beauty is if you get a good one, it can still be used for future upgrades like a turbo conversion etc.

·
Registered
492 Posts
shave the head to bump up compression, add larger injectors, larger throttle body port and polish the head. on the other hand that motor does have 10:1 comp already

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow thanks guys!!! i was thinking cams aswell but now have much more ideas :) What kind of engine management system would you advice for a non turbo coupe? mircotech lx-10 any good? Thanks to all you guys that replied much appricated!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts