Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was looking under my car the other day and saw a part on my exhaust I was not sure what it is. It's after the manafold but before what I thought was my cat. It's slightly larger in diameter then the normal piping but it's round and covered by a metal mesh type wrap. I was thinking it may be a resonator but not sure. Any ideas? btw it's an '08 MC HB

·
Registered
492 Posts
its probably the flex pipe. its so when you are driving the movements of the motor wont break the exhaust. there for flexability

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, thats cool. I didn't know there was anything like that. Makes sense though. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ok, I was looking under my car the other day and saw a part on my exhaust I was not sure what it is. It's after the manafold but before what I thought was my cat. It's slightly larger in diameter then the normal piping but it's round and covered by a metal mesh type wrap. I was thinking it may be a resonator but not sure. Any ideas? btw it's an '08 MC HB
Is this what it looks like:

If so, yes, that is the flex pipe. It's to prevent the exhaust from cracking when the engine moves under acceleration.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, that's right on the nose. That's pretty neat, I've never seen those before....guess I never really looked at much detail under my cars before lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts