Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a silver 2004 GTV6 tiburon with...

HP Evo 18x8's
Borla Dual Cat-Back Exhaust
K&N Filter
TWM Performance Short Shifter
Tints
Hyperwhite Bulbs in Hi+Low Beams and driving lights and fogs

I was diciding on a few things to get next and i'm also looking for advice except ignition wires and plugs because i'll probably get those during my first oil change. I am deciding between the following...

Alpine IVA-D900 7" touchscreen TV/DVD player (if i get that, i'd probably get the OEM torque/fuel/voltage guages to fill in the bottom space that will be left over.)

Body Kit- i was thinking about the Art Tech "Orca" Lip Kit from importshark.com

Suspension- Eibach Pro-kit or Pro-System

OR....

Performance- A cold air intake (Injen) and Hotshot Headers

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right now i don't have the money for all of the above, so i'm looking for advice as to what's next hense the title of the tread.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got the AEM CAI and it was the best 200 i've spent on the car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, so far it seems like the intake is the way to go. one thing i was worried about though in that situation is some of them have that bypass valve. now don't you think that the bypass valve can be restricting some air flow? i don't really know, but it seems to me that it would. and i live in Florida, (very rainy) do i NEED the bypass valve? or is it something that they try to make an extra $30 from you?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I bought the aem bypass valve to go with the CAI. But I have never put it on. Its sitting on a shelf in my garage. It has an opening in the middle of it the same size as the CAI piping. It won't RESTRICT the air flow. It is made of foam so it might disrupt the air a tiny bit but I don't see where it would make much of a difference in performance.
I bought it because I also live in FL (FT Myers). I didn't put it on yet because I didn't see a place to install it that would fit on the intake. The instructions say it has to go on the bottom piece of the intake, between the MAF sensor and the Intake filter. You have to cut about 2 inches out of the intake to keep it the same length so it keeps its tuning. It has to go on a straight piece of the pipe not on the curves. There is a battery in the way that makes using it on the car seem impossible, it might fit right next to the opening that goes through the car frame just under the battery? (If someone else has installed it differently let me know please 8D)
After installing the CAI, the bottom of the filter sits at 13" above the ground, (all stock suspension and wheels) The intake itself is at about 18" above the ground. You kill the car if you drive through a puddle deep enough for you to suck water into the intake, in this case a puddle around 13- 18" deep. The bottom of my car door is 13" off the ground. If the puddle is deeper than the bottom of my car door I won't drive through it.
I can see where haveing the bypass installed could bring about some piece of mind. There have been a couple of occasions with this Hurricane season where I have driven around puddles and taken a different road just so I wouldn't risk it. But overall it hasn't been any problems for me. I would never tell you NOT to buy it, its kind of like insurance, a waste of money, untill you need it.
Now thats my story, opinions may vary...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright, thanks a lot, i think the next things i am going to get are the intake, and eibach suspension. i'm still looking for a response on my tread "pro-kit vs. sportline" but i would like to know if i get the pro-kit (i don't want to go lower than 1 1/2 inches) will i be better off if i buy the pro-system which comes with the replacement shocks as well??? i've always learned if you want to do it right you gotta spend the right amount of money, and i know it will be cheaper by buying just the springs, but i don't want to blow my shocks 5,000 miles down the road. (my car only has 1,500 miles as it is)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Go with the prokit. It says that it suppose to only drop your car abour 1.2 inches all the way around. Seems like a 1.5 inches instead. The sportslines kit suppose to drop you about 1.6 inches. You will be on the ground. I think you said your getting a cold-airintake also, that would be very bad to be that low to the ground when living in a state that is raiy like Florida.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just ordered an injen cold air intake, mussa front and rear strut bars, and the eibach pro-kit. does anyone have any other ideas now that i ordered those already?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
eibach has the sway bars too, but i dont know if you have to buy them in a pair because someone told me that if you put a front sway bar in a tiburon, you'll have understeer. i don't know what that is, but it doesn't sound too good. i've looked at the whiteline sway bars too, what's the difference in the eibach or whiteline? ALSO, i saw someone in newtiburon.com forum that has a subframe connector. are those things REALLY necessary? if so, where could i find one of those because he was having a group buy, but his last message was in february. thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would go with headers next, groundwire kit. Get the stage 3 lower intake and stage 4 upper im from next gen. If you do that I would also get new plugs and wires and maybe larger injectors while your at it. Might as well knock everything off while you have the engine apart.:??:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts