Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning to build a beta accent 1.8 NA BEAST.This is a list of the thing im going to do, but i dont know what will be the numbers.

custom intake
bored tb
matched im
port polish head
headers
2 1/4 exausth
obx pully and power pullies
obx adjustable cam gears
fuel presure regulator
ground wire kit
act presure plate

and later im plannig to bore the block .

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Yeah, 150 whp. Hell i have 130 whp and i have like.. none of that crap.

Your best thing to ever buy for your car would probally be and apexi SAFC II. I have one an wow does it make a difference.;)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
skip out on boring the throttle body and just replace it with 2zzge celica tb, ford 4.6 tb, or if you dare nissan q45 throttle body (biggest production throttle body I know of I think it is like 90mm.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wilburisthecoolest said:
Yeah, 150 whp. Hell i have 130 whp and i have like.. none of that crap.

Your best thing to ever buy for your car would probally be and apexi SAFC II. I have one an wow does it make a difference.;)

would i have better results whit afc neo? what do you have to hit 130 whp?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I have a true CAI, 4-2-1 header, 2 1/4 exhaust with a flowmaster only, highflow cat, and the apexi. Thats it.

I dont know what the NEO does. lol. If its the same as the SAFC then yeah. The thing wont make your car faster, its the tuning that makes it fast.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok if i decide to bore up my block .40 what would be the gains. And a question about my i cause i heard i can't use my 95 tranny and that i have to change crossmember?

·
Registered
82 Posts
JOEL-X3 said:
Im planning to build a beta accent 1.8 NA BEAST.This is a list of the thing im going to do, but i dont know what will be the numbers.

custom intake
bored tb
matched im
port polish head
headers
2 1/4 exausth
obx pully and power pullies
obx adjustable cam gears
fuel presure regulator
ground wire kit
act presure plate

and later im plannig to bore the block .

Ahum ahum? Do you think run Hardcore cams?Cuz stock cam+adjustable cam gears= Nothing!But it nice for BLING BLING héhé:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bobgt said:
Ahum ahum? Do you think run Hardcore cams?Cuz stock cam+adjustable cam gears= Nothing!But it nice for BLING BLING héhé:rolleyes:
OK MY FRIEND GOT 15 HP FROM HIS CAM GEAR ON HIS LANCER MIVEC BLING BLING:rolleyes:
BACK ON TOPIC HOW CAN I GAIN FROM .40 OVERZISE PISTONS.

·
Registered
687 Posts
What kind of in/out are you going to use with your cams?

I gained a little more than 45 hp in my DSM swapping out my intake manifold and installing 274 intake and 274 outake cams and they're just aggressive as hell. Sounded like I was about to stall while I idled.

Building an N/A 1.8 would be almost as expensive as running a turbo 2.0, or even a turbo 1.8. Ever think of comming to the dark side and reverting to forced induction? :-D

Howie~

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Asian_907 said:
What kind of in/out are you going to use with your cams?

I gained a little more than 45 hp in my DSM swapping out my intake manifold and installing 274 intake and 274 outake cams and they're just aggressive as hell. Sounded like I was about to stall while I idled.

Building an N/A 1.8 would be almost as expensive as running a turbo 2.0, or even a turbo 1.8. Ever think of comming to the dark side and reverting to forced induction? :-D

Howie~
Where did you get the cams and how much $$$. And yes i have think about FI but i want to have one of the fastest or the fastest NA accent in PR to prove that we have the potential.

·
Registered
687 Posts
You'd have to get the cams customed machined for your application.

Building a 1.8 N/A would be hard as hell and expensive. Everything you do will have to be fully custom. So, find yourself a good machine shop and talk to them and see what they can do for you. You'll need to build your block bottom to the top, maybe even bore out your cylinders and make it into a 2.1L stroker.

Howie~

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
JOEL-X3 said:
OK MY FRIEND GOT 15 HP FROM HIS CAM GEAR ON HIS LANCER MIVEC BLING BLING:rolleyes:
BACK ON TOPIC HOW CAN I GAIN FROM .40 OVERZISE PISTONS.
Its hard to say. your exploring uncharted teritorry with this. Very few Import cars have the capability to go N/A with out spending just as much as you would on say a turbo/Supercharger. .40 oversize pistons? not sure if its ever been done with a Hyundai. Hyundai has real sturdy engines that if you open up the breathging room a bit for them they reaspond very well. Ontop of that slap on a quick spooling turbo and you would have yourself a BEAST!:D

·
Registered
687 Posts
That kinda brings up a question...

Is there a way of slapping on the Beta 2.0 block to the 1.8 Head? I mean, I've read that the cams on the 1.8 are more aggressive... Do a quick bore and port and polish, oversized pistons, upgraded lifters and valves and you could possibily have a 2.4L stroker, no?

Howie~

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
1.8-2.0 head are the same.

2.0 has the same bore as the 1.8, but the 2.0 has a longer bore. i guess 2.0 crank with 1.8 rods and pistons would be a stroker, but with around 8.5:1 compression or so. so who wants that!? pssh.. unless you go boost.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
To stroke an engine is to increase the stroke and the only way to do that is with a longer armed crank.

Increasing the bore would not make the car a stroker.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Coal_forge said:
To stroke an engine is to increase the stroke and the only way to do that is with a longer armed crank.

Increasing the bore would not make the car a stroker.
Increasing the bore rise liters? If i increase my bore how much i can gain and is safe to increase the bore?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts