Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey eveyone, this is my first post so I have a 2004 Sonata 2.7L v6 and was wondering what model it is. It doesnt say anything in the owners manual and on the trunk it just says sonata v6.It doesn't have a sunroof, its got the cassette, cd player combo, cloth seats, automatic with that sportshift. How can I tell what model I have?

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can probably use the VIN decoder available on hmaservice.com to determine the trim level of your car. Compare the VIN of your car to the decoder to get all the details.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you solved this problem? I’m thinking about buying a used car, it’s also a Sonata, only older than my car. I want to take this car as my garage project, but I doubt a bit. How to check the history of the car and be sure that this is true? I know that there are many free and paid VIN checkers, but I know that not all of them give you accurate information. I recently found this article www.revscheckreport.com.au/free-revs-check and I think that if I get a PPSR certificate for this car that I want to buy, it will be a relevant and accurate history of the car. Do you think this is a good enough check before buying a used car or do I need to know something else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts