Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new =]

I moved to Seoul a few months ago, I'm a half-Korean American and I've been a big car guy forever. I gave my 5sp ek civic to my sister before I moved over here. I'm teaching English right now but I'm trying to get into web design.

Anyway, I'm in Korea and imports are just sooo expensive here, not to mention a ridiculous tax on all imported cars.. it's jsut rediculous. So I want to get a tiburon. I wanted to know if there are certain engines, trims, years I should look for?

I was thinking about a 2000 tiburon tgx 2.0 s/t. Is there anything special out there I should look for?
Anyway, since its all domestic, it's pretty cheap either way. Most tiburons from 96 - 2000 are less than 4k US$, and most of them have under 100,000 km (60k miles). Any advice for a hyundai noob?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
**** that, find a Pony truck! Or if you like bigger cars, a Stellar is surprisingly comfortable. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
a RD1 special edition could be great!

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i hope your sister doens't wreck your ek..

4 grand for a used rd tiburon? in korea?

resale value's for hyundai are low in usa..i could easily get a 5-speed rd for about $3700

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Look online first to see prices.
I'd go for a smaller engine as gas prices here are pretty high.

The thing about KDM cars like JDM cars is the engines and drive train take a bit of abuse due to the stop and go traffic. The KDM cars aren't built as well as Exported cars as well.

I like Hyundai's, but a Kia Elan would be cool.

Try (bobaedream.com) Áß°íÂ÷ ¼îÇÎ - º¸¹èµå¸² or (Encar.com) SK°¡ ¸¸µç Áß°íÂ÷ ¼îÇθô-SK¿£Ä« or something.

Or there is the Yangjae used car market I think.

I've only seen like 3 or 4 pony's in the last 5 years.

KDM cars are more expensive. Exported cars are cheaper so that they actually sell. It sucks, but that's the way it is. People complain and so they buy Imports.

You don't really need a car in Korea. The traffic sucks, the roads are small, the gas is expensive, the drivers are a bit crazy and don't follow the traffic laws, the subway and bus system is very good and cheap, and there are no places to park.

Where are you teaching? How long are you going to stay? You might want to rethink buying a car. Maybe get a scooter (50cc for no registration or licence) or a motorcycle (need registration, insurance, and a motorcycle licence) for the short commutes?

·
Registered
860 Posts
TAK82 said:
i hope your sister doens't wreck your ek..

4 grand for a used rd tiburon? in korea?

resale value's for hyundai are low in usa..i could easily get a 5-speed rd for about $3700
I got my 97 RD FX for $3500, I love it...I really love Tiburons though so of course Im gonna suggest a Tiburon!!:D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
315 Posts
he is right don't just go buy your self a ride in korea because it is freaking expensive to get a ride roll in korea i rather go with bus or transit and where are you teaching??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts