Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's. I'm new here. Here's my story. I drive a 1990 Mustang LX 5.0. I recently fell into this credit card phase, and now I have to sell my fast car. With the money I'm going to pay off some cards and buy my girlfriends 1993 Hyundai Scoupe (non-turbo:(). She's selling it to me for 1000$ Canadian. The engine is fuming like crazy but the rest of the car is in tip top shape. I was thinking of rebuilding the engine or swapping in something different in there. If I rebuild it, can I have some stuff done to it to boost up performance. Or if I swap, what would be the easiest thing to put in there that would give me more performance and more performance parts choices. Any help here would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
I'd recommend tossing in a 4G63T (Eclipse Turbo motor). The configuration of the motor (it sits on the driver's side) rules out any easy swap with a Hyundai engine, as they sit on the passenger side of the car.

If you do go the 4G63T route, I recommend an engine out of 1st gen Eclipse/Talon rather than a 2G.

--------------------------------------------
I drive a slow car.
0 to 60 in 11 seconds (look out!)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By 1st gen Eclipse/Talon. Do you mean an Eagle Talon engine? Where could I get more info on this swap if available?

Thanks man!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts