Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what transmission is used in a 97 accent with the 1.5l and 5-speed? I've decided against turboing the car and am looking into a engine/tranny swap and just curious about how hard it will be

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking at a 4g63t 6bolt with the matching 5-speed. Getting the trans to fit is my only real concern

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what good are you guys if you can't answer this question, jeez :D

Anyway, I'm beginning to think the hyundai trans will bolt up to the 4g63 motor. Anyone know what kind of power the 5-speed can handle? Or the axles (although I'll probably end up breaking them anyways)?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I dont think the engine will fit all that well it might with lots of money. You most likely will brake a axle and I dont think the transmission wont hold up that long if you think the accent transmission will bolt up and you get the motor in the car some how go for a beta transmission or a use the transmission that came with the motor. Here is the specs for your transmission M5AF3 1st:3.462 2nd:2.053 3rd:1.370 4th:1.031 5th:0.838 R:3.250 FGR:3.942

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by pimpmyhyundai
[body] Here is the specs for your transmission M5AF3 1st:3.462 2nd:2.053 3rd:1.370 4th:1.031 5th:0.838 R:3.250 FGR:3.942

[/body]
Thats the 5-speed hyundai? And the motor won't be hard to get in at all actually. Surprisingly its almost the same (well, not really that big of a surprise as both are mitsu motors)

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
why not just use the transmission from the 4g63 and make custom tranny mounts. then just get custom axles.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Ya thats the specs for the accent tranny but ya you should just use 4g63 tranny with custom mounts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ thats what I was planning, I just want to know all my options before I tackle this project.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Accent tranny will not fit a 4G63 or any other mitsu based motor. If you look at an accent the motor sits on the passenger side and tranny on the right. The opposite is true for a 4G based mitsu motor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good point, I totally forgot about that. It looks like I'm just using the 4g63 with the matching 5-speed. Time to start fabbing up the mounting shite

1 - 15 of 15 Posts