Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 01 accent and want to out on a new exhaust sytem/intake but im new to the car game...what would could go with my car?

·
Registered
163 Posts
xflip14 said:
just bought a 01 accent and want to out on a new exhaust sytem/intake but im new to the car game...what would could go with my car?
I have an 01 accent

I went with the Evofusionusa.com's Stainless Steel 4-2-1 Header.. the 4-2-1 design helps with lower end torque. Then I would just go to some exhaust shop and get a 2 1/4" headerback. Fit yourself with hiflow cat, and a good muffler. This setup, not only sounds good with no rasp. but also IMO is the best performance wise.

For intake, just get a civic intake and throw it in. Doesnt have to be pretty. The LC Accents pull better hp at the wheels with a short ram intake, rather a Cold Air Intake. Less Piping = more hp.

And if you want to get fancy, throw a AFC in there, and you should be pulling 105-110whp. (stock 80-85whp)

·
Registered
68 Posts
xflip14 said:
I have the evofusion 4-2-1 header along with their catback and it's great. It'll run you about $650 for the whole thing, but sounds nice and only required minor modifications to fit it. You can also find this system on ebay too for a little bit cheaper.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i never thought headers would help with low end torque..

but if that's the case..then i guess it'd help my beta lc get some very much needed low end grunt..

·
Registered
132 Posts
apparently 4-2-1 headers help w/ low end torque and 4-1 headers help w/ high end torque. shark racing also says it in their product descriptions...they matched up the manual w/ the 4-1 and auto w/ the 4-2-1...guess it makes sense too.

·
Registered
734 Posts
TAK82 said:
i never thought headers would help with low end torque..

but if that's the case..then i guess it'd help my beta lc get some very much needed low end grunt..
Yea tak, you need it i was very surprised when we raced you didnt completely blow my doors off lol you only got me by like 2 and a half cars lol and im auto and 1.6

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
A 4-2-1 will even your tone out as it is timming matched so that each exhaust pulse exactly follows another, while a 4-1 just kinda throws them down the pipe.

4-1 sounds like farting.. not quite and even tone
4-2-1 sounds like humming, even and nice.

4-2-1 for the win IMO.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yeah...
For our engines the 4-2-1 is the better one...
Our engines dont like to rev high...
And out engines really lack low end power...

So 4-2-1 suits...

Cheers
scythe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts