Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have been debating this for a while now, i want to either A) swap in a beta and turbo it, or B) swap to a nicely built up manual transmission, and turbo the alpha and tune it, now i need your help to let me know what is going to be less expensive, i don't have all the money in the world or i wouldn't be posting this right now, but please tell me how hard and how much money am i going to be putting into this project..... let me know, i hate my automatic, its way too slow, thanks for all the replies in advance

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, that sounds much better, im going to get my exhaust done, and the suspension, then im going to save up money for the beta swap, looks like i will be selling the BBTB that i got, or if i can i'll just get it installed and get the IM ported and polished, just for now until i get the swap done, thank you accent95, i think im going to stick with what you said

·
Registered
170 Posts
i have been tossing up between the 2 for a long long time now also my conclusion is that you need a good strong base to begin with i even looked into using a mitsu mivec or toyo 3sgte (mr2) but due to time frame involved im going to use the beta then turbo it. I have read a review of an x3 with a beta t3 turbo runing low 13s, no internal mods other than a decompresion plate
i think thats the way to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts