Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best sway bar for 02 accent

and whats the best strut bar .

i want to get both but i want to get the best out there so i need your opinion.

·
Registered
453 Posts
strut bar goes from strut top to strut top.
sway bar goes from endlink to endlink (on the bottum of car)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
ASperilla said:
I have Seen Sway Bars on Need for Speed games but never seen them markete or sold in Africa.. is the Sway Bars for the Scoupe?
Not that I know of. A couple of people tried to get a group buy together and get Whiteline to manufacture sway bars for the Scoupe about 2 1/2 years ago, but there were too few people interested and it never got off the ground. However, there are polyurethane bushing kits for the stock Scoupe sway bar...just do a Google search for them. Polyurethane is much stiffer than the stock rubber bushings, so they make a tiny, tiny difference...but nothing anywhere near what a stiffer bar would do.

FYI, if you're thinking of talking to Whiteline about making something, they need a concrete minimum of 10 orders to even consider it. And I strongly doubt there are 10 active Scoupe guys on here that would put money down on one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a font sway bar for a scoupe...

Bought it with the lowering springs. I don't know where to order it, what brand it is, or anything else about it, except for that it's 7/8" (22.3mm) in diameter and came off of a Scoupe Turbo. I have searched for it online, and found nothing. There are no part numbers on it that I can see...

Was going to put it on my Scoupe, but I totaled it the day before the parts arrived. :(

-Nick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know the difference lol

but i wanna know which one works the best.

i think couple of u said whiteline so am gona go wit that
but i like the onces from PSC motorsport.com too.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
ZeroPunk said:
I have a font sway bar for a scoupe...

Bought it with the lowering springs. I don't know where to order it, what brand it is, or anything else about it, except for that it's 7/8" (22.3mm) in diameter and came off of a Scoupe Turbo. I have searched for it online, and found nothing. There are no part numbers on it that I can see...

Was going to put it on my Scoupe, but I totaled it the day before the parts arrived. :(

-Nick
Will you send me just the Sway bar? i can have it remanufactured for everyone if you want? How muchyou want for it how much does it weigh?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have an APEXi strut bar on my 02 Accent and I felt a huge difference after the install, it just barely fits over my beta motor. I bought it used from these boards so I am not sure were to get it but I would start with APEXi. Also the bar is nice and solid but also light.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
DREROB said:
I have an APEXi strut bar on my 02 Accent and I felt a huge difference after the install, it just barely fits over my beta motor. I bought it used from these boards so I am not sure were to get it but I would start with APEXi. Also the bar is nice and solid but also.
Where did you feel the Benefit of the struit brace ? under cornering/staright line? improved traction?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I felt the improvement in cornering big time, it just felt nice and tight (less body roll) and the traction through the corner was great, I did not notice any improvement in a straight line.

·
Registered
520 Posts
the strut bar doesn't effect body roll, but it does tighten up the structure of the car a bit. The change isn't huge like that of adding a swaybar.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Maybe "body roll" wasnt the right word. You know when you corner and you feel the car dipping down on the side thats taking all the weight? It lessons that effect alot from my experience, it WAS a HUGE difference in cornering for my car. thats the best i can describe it. You also got to remember that I have more weight up front due to my beta swap, maybe thats why it feels so much better with it on.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
BTW, for all those with or getting strut bars. In addition to tightening the body up a bit more, it will also transfer force from one side of the car to the other should you ever get into an accident. So if you hit a pole pretty well with the left-front fender, all of that force is going to applied in turn to the other side of the car, via the strut bar. Just a little warning.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts