·
Registered
218 Posts
damn i forgot the old setup had 2 Katption audio caps
the new one will have 6 Phoenix Gold caps

·
Registered
126 Posts
well, all scores are on linear X, which is 3-9 db's lower then an audiocontrol meter, which most of the scores above are probably on.

Highest hit 153 with Crystal CMPX215 and Phoenix gold MS1000
149.7 with 2 audiobahn aw1200eu's and 2 phoenix gold MS2125's
146.1 with 1 audiobahn aw1200x and 1 phoenix gold ms2125

but then, my accent has a 230 hot rated alt, 2 stinger batts (sp800 and sp1700) with adjustable voltage regulator (for 14.9 volts) and all wired with 1/0, so it can take the amp draw as well as provide the current)

·
Registered
220 Posts
122 with 4x20w cd player (panasonic)
stock ´96 hyundai speakers = 30w rms (pioneer) = front doors (speaker dont even fit my door *grr*.. was in rear orginal)
60w rms 16cm big speaker (pioneer) = behind rear seats

Tested with Emma law (Europe) = MIC was in front right seat and near front windshield)

Car: Hyundai Accent 1300cc ´96 3 doors.

edit: oh yeah Emma :) http://www.emmanet.com/

[Edited by snifff on Feb 8, 2004 5:17 PM]

·
Registered
126 Posts
well, most of us get the readings done at a shop where they usually have an older audiocontrol meter, which is not accurate at all. then there is the linear X, which was the most accurate and hardest meter out there until the new termpro came out. the new termpro is a great mic, consistant to the max, and consistant.

and yes, some of us have built in mics in our cars, I drive with an audiocontrol epic160 that has an epicenter built in, as well as a voltmeter and a spl mic that will read up to 160 db's, and mine is calibrated to the new termpro, so I know what I will hit on the termpro any second of any day, it's great. not to many people out there have a built in mic, great conversation piece.

dan

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by troniclow
[body]
Whats up,
With my current setup in my car I hit 138 in the outlaw class not bad for less then 800 dollars in equipment and i even took first place in my class. Not bad at all considering some of the guys who were hitting 140-145 had like two grand in there stuff I have pics of my stereo in my profile feel free to ask any questions if you want.
Peace Matt
[/body]
I think you'd do even better if your enclosure was not a cube. A perfect cube is the worst possible design because the sub is placed in the center, and is equi-distant to all sides of the enclosure.This causes standing waves to occur at the enclosures resonant freq,and will cause some freq's to be as much as 180 deg out of phase. As you probably know, 180 deg of phase shift means little to no bass.

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
I finally got mine tested. OEM interior speakers and 1200WX2 Mobile Authority pushing 2-10" Mobile Authority competition subs with a 1.0 farad Lightning Audio power cap.

I hit a 135.9db with the subs in a bandpass box. I think once I free them up I'll hit better.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I just hit 134.5 DB on the newer mikes wich are the little sencor boxes. I have 1 mtx 10 sub and about 500wRMS going to it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No idea what im gettin, 89excel, ive got 2 JBL 12's and a 400 watt pioneer amp, no cap, no special battery, but it shakes stuff in my house when the car is 40 feet away. Dont know where i can get it tested at, i live in alaska.... im sure theres somewhere in anchorage, ill look around, hopin for atleast 100db, anyone have any idea what i might get, i have no dampening material either.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So you guys run around say'n your systems are 130Db loud, but you don't know what frequency?? 1 hundred and what-ever db don't mean squat if you don't referance it to a freq.:dead:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a friend with 4 infinity kappa 10's(i think) in a custom made box, not sure what it was being pushed by, but it hit about 180 or so ina local comp.

But as for me.... i got decent crap (hits hard enough for now)two P1 12's ina q-logic box being pushed by a 4x135 channel eclipse amp, and the subs are bridged on two channels while the other two push my highs... heh aint economizing fun?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Originally posted by drosen145
[body]
well, most of us get the readings done at a shop where they usually have an older audiocontrol meter, which is not accurate at all. then there is the linear X, which was the most accurate and hardest meter out there until the new termpro came out. the new termpro is a great mic, consistant to the max, and consistant.

and yes, some of us have built in mics in our cars, I drive with an audiocontrol epic160 that has an epicenter built in, as well as a voltmeter and a spl mic that will read up to 160 db's, and mine is calibrated to the new termpro, so I know what I will hit on the termpro any second of any day, it's great. not to many people out there have a built in mic, great conversation piece.

dan
[/body]
All i have to say is where and who much?>????? dayum i want one tooo.....:??:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I hit 131db using a old Amp i had that was only 500Watts i hit it with a comp cd with freq from 20-70hz in 1 hz increments of 10sec. 20-70hz i got the high reading around 55hz.. i have 1 12"MTX8000 in a box i got from crutchfield. all the OEM speaker have been replaced with MTX5325 i think thats the model it's that or 5235. anyways Now i have a 1600X4 Boss Audio Amp with 2 channels bridged . 2 Boss Audio Tweeters mounted on the dash. No caps yet!! Sony cdx-700 deck 52x4watts peak.
Just waiting to go see now.... dayum i hope it's around 140 at least.:lol:
As fas as cost goes $300 for the sub and box. $179 for the deck. $100 for the first amp $150 for the new one in the box (i got a deal from a friend that works at an audio store)
$89 a pair for the replacement speakers
so total $807 plus tax and shipping.:smoking:

[Edited by netsky_x on Aug 20, 2004 1:19 AM]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by mnemonix
[body]
149.3dB

1 x JL Audio 1000/1
2 x JL Audio 18w3-D4 18inch woofers.
1996 Hyundai accent 2door.