Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
My new Best is 141.5 DB's at 45Hz but my best resonance frequency is 46hz I just didn't have the right CD this time. I am still running just 1 10" MTX and I disconect my 6x9's and 6 1/2 so as not to blow them

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the people in NSW, Australia there is a new class next year called Pro Street.
I only entered SQ competitions in my Prelude and now with my Elantra I’m thinking about entering it in next year (2005)
I do know I reached 135 db with gains on low.
Old setup consisted of:
- Boston FS-60’s
- Audison SRx4
- JL 12WO 4
- Stinger roadkill sound deadening
- Stinger wiring
- H/U was a Panasonic (didn’t like it at all)

New Setup is looking like:
- Boston Pro 6.5 at front
- 2 x Zapco amp’s not sure which ones might be 500m
- sub not sure
- rear fills might be phoenix gold or rainbow looking at heitz to
- H/U isn’t decided yet
- Getting a visual display to (screen and dvd player)

As you can see I got a lot of decisions to make, but it will be done in the next month if that.

Jason

·
Registered
19 Posts
In my old car which was an 88 cavalier I hit a 143.2 DB. I haven't got it tested yet. Im running 1200 watt Profile to 2 M-Class Memphis Audios ina ported box. Next time im a meter ill let everyone know what im hitting!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by MADTIB
[body]
So you guys run around say'n your systems are 130Db loud, but you don't know what frequency?? 1 hundred and what-ever db don't mean squat if you don't referance it to a freq.:dead:
[/body]
Myself personally could care less what frequancy its at. I just build and hope its loud, and it sounds good. Ive gone through manyyy boxes. Such a waste of money. :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
whats up db ers. new to hp site. saw a sound section and thought i would put my 2 cents in. i hit 168db in comps, and have spent $$$ to get it. AUDIO MODS: pioneer premier deh9600mp deck(18volts), 2-12" abahn flame Q comp subs(dvc) @ 1ohm, powered by 2300hct abahn flameQ amp. abahn components powered by abahn 4600 intake amp. 1125cca optima yellow top( only for stereo), 3 farad digital cap, digital dist box, all wiring in 0ga, 100sq' dynamat throught car, 160amp circuit breaker and 200 amp isolator. 6.5cu' box also lined with dynamat. this hits so hard my roof flexes about 1/2 inch as well as rear doors. i only have 1 sub amp wich places me in lower comp class. http://members.cardomain.com/2loud2k2xd check it out thanks 3500watts rms
box tuned to 39.99 hz

[Edited by 2loud2k2xd on Nov 5, 2004 5:27 PM]

[Edited by 2loud2k2xd on Nov 6, 2004 6:19 PM]

[Edited by 2loud2k2xd on Nov 9, 2004 2:28 PM]

·
Registered
3 Posts
any body heard 198 db? .....a friend has a truck with that.......GOD THATS A LOT OF BASS. anyways, my car i havent gotten tested and is in the process of be remodeled......ill repost when i get mine finished

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a question. Any one here know werei can find kcikpanels for a 200 Hyundai Accent hatchback? For 5.25 speakers. thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey netsky_1, i am interested in where you picked up the mic for your car. it would make tuning much easier for me. new to comps and i have high db system.
on another note, can anyone tell me why i cant send a pm to someone? theres nothing to click on? thnaks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Originally posted by 2loud2k2xd
[body]
whats up db ers. new to hp site. saw a sound section and thought i would put my 2 cents in. i hit 168db in comps, and have spent $$$ to get it. AUDIO MODS: pioneer premier deh9600mp deck(18volts), 2-12" abahn flame Q comp subs(dvc) @ 1ohm, powered by 2300hct abahn flameQ amp. abahn components powered by abahn 4600 intake amp. 1125cca optima yellow top( only for stereo), 3 farad digital cap, digital dist box, all wiring in 0ga, 100sq' dynamat throught car, 160amp circuit breaker and 200 amp isolator. 6.5cu' box also lined with dynamat. this hits so hard my roof flexes about 1/2 inch as well as rear doors. i only have 1 sub amp wich places me in lower comp class. http://members.cardomain.com/2loud2k2xd check it out thanks 3500watts rms
box tuned to 39.99 hz

[Edited by 2loud2k2xd on Nov 5, 2004 5:27 PM]

[Edited by 2loud2k2xd on Nov 6, 2004 6:19 PM]

[Edited by 2loud2k2xd on Nov 9, 2004 2:28 PM]
[/body]
Hmmm. i bet I could beat you with less then 500 watts rms street class. 168?? just to let you know, that is not possible with the set up you have. unless it was in the port with an older out of whack ac that reads 168 whenever you turn it on.

I mean there is stretching the truth, really stretching the truth, then just being flat out stupid. 168? where, when, in street class you would be # 1 year after year, but your not, you would be paid thousands and thousands of dollars by any manufacturer out there to work for them, and you would really annoy the alfaro boys for sure.

168, then you woke up, right?
....or could you mean 144 - 144.8 which is about what your system is good for, if the gains are set right, the caps taken out, and the port shortened to a higher frequency. I am not putting down the subs, just your 168.

this is a brag forum, not a forum to demonstrate how mis-informed (read lying) you are. I want proof. where is a bs flag when you need one??

and "any body heard 198 db? .....a friend has a truck with that.......GOD THATS A LOT OF BASS. anyways, my car i havent gotten tested and is in the process of be remodeled......ill repost when i get mine finished " joke, right???? or is that the name of the company that makes his subs or amplifiers? that would be just about right.

Oh yeah, me:
Eclipse 8443Ti => PPI DEQ => phoenix gold M100 (think 710 rms each) (x2) => 2 Powerbass PBX 12's = 144.2 @ 62Hz daily driven box with interchangeable ports legal on dash termpro. 147.2 legal on dash same setup with 2 pg ms2250's driving the same subs. with a more aggressive box (right now 6 cubes) I could easily pull into the 49's-50's but that would be with a one note wonder with the 2250's (think 1400-1600 rms each)and I am not actively competing this year.

[Edited by sidecutter on Jan 14, 2005 8:51 AM]

·
Registered
2 Posts
well i would always just go with solo-baric just because they aren't that expensive and 2 12's can hit 150 with proper set up. But 05 world champ "legal road systems" used 2 type x 18's with just over 2800 watts and managed to hit 170.1....so if you want it that loud then there you go.....Just plan on buying a lot of bullet proff glass for your windsheilds. But i'd just go for what i use, 3 solo-baric l'7's with a 3500 watt amp, hit's 158's. A good system to get for about 2k.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ohh and sidecutter. 198db.....you for sure didn't hear that. The loudest any noise can be is 200db. I don't care if there were 500 jlw7 18's witht 100k watts....noise just doesn't get any louder. And consider this...loudest system ever was 187 db with 60 audiobahns in a e 350 van....so might wanna tell your friend to call guiness.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you guys taking your dB readings on dash or outside the car I probably don't have to ask because I know which answer sounds better to talk about :) I have two 12" JL's running off a 1000 watt Obcon amp in a godzilla box. Also anyone know if I can make some sort of dB gains if I both got larger guage wire and bridged my amp how much more power can I be talkin?

·
Registered
16 Posts
oh yes, if no one believes me, lol, ask Khara with the Red Tiburon. I built her stereo so she knows what im capable of....well was until my accident with my pervious vehicle :(

·
Registered
546 Posts
just had my stereo tested

did 126.?, and i have pretty much nothing as stereo, only 1 10" memphis being pushed by a crappy 200 watt mtx, and to even get the reading i had to put in on mute as the voice where to loud for the tester, running factory speaker off the deck,

i just remembered the other day i had my dso setting on my sony deck set to level 3 so it makes all the speaker louder

i have to go get it tested again with the dso off, the guy was pretty impressed for what little setup i had, cause he tested one of my buddys lancer and he was doing the same thing withh 500watts to a 12' rockford

M-J

41 - 60 of 70 Posts