Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I Want to buy 15" inch wheels (15x6.5) and I heard that on Accents(LC LC2) there is a bolts that block the installation of aftermarket wheel...

I would like to have more information about that please ?
Pictures of those bolts ?
What I have to do exactly ?

Thanks alot ! :)

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Non-captive rotors is what they are called i believe... or the ones without bolts are called that. I get the two confuesed. Many wheel companies make wheels with cutouts in the back to allow them to fit over these bolts. You just have to search. ;):

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is pictures of LC2 brake near this topic (topic named: "DIY Yourself Front Brakes")

Can someone show the scew I need to remove to fit my 15" aftermarket wheel ? (Photoshop)

I heard that there are 2 screw on each rear drum too ?!

Thanks

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I put new wheels on my LC2. I believe you're confusing 2 issues, but maybe I simply didn't read something right. You will have no issues in the front, there are no bolts or screws to get in your way. Some older Hyundais had captive rotors and those cars had 4 large bolts holding the rotor on. We do not have that problem. On the rear there are two small screws simply used to hold the drums on during the factory assembly process that are functionally useless. Remove these screws and discard. Trust me, it will not be hard to tell which ones to remove, they're the only screws on the mounting face of the brake drum.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Patrickmann: Is that bolt (on top) have could block your rim if there were not direct in the hole of your rim ?

If I understand all of you, I should not worry about it for the front but I have to remove 2 screw on each rear drum if I want to install aftermarket wheel ? is that it ?

thanks all

[Edited by Ice Vulcan on Feb 16, 2006 8:29 AM]

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Yes, that's the screw that would cause you problems in the rear. Yes, remove two screws in the drum (one each side) in the rear.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I removed them on mine perfectly fine, RX-7s have those too I think third gen atleast.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah, you can just take them out. I asked the dealership about it a while back and they said it was fine when I had my wheels installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts