Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to source spacers or something similar for my LC2 04' Accent.

the problem is that the screw that holds rear drum cover on, ever since i put larger mags is pressing aginst the wheel. thefore it isnt flush and when i brake, there is a thudding sound from the rear. the wheel doesnt sit flush to the drum as it did with stock wheels. the stock wheels had a space to allow for this screw.

is there a spacer avaiable that i can put on so the mag will sit flush and the problem will go away.

alternatively, is there another way to fix this problem?
thanks.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
if its the gold screw that your talking about.. you can take it off and put the rims on and the rims will hold that on so there is no use for the gold screw. Thats what I did and a bunch of other people.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it is the gold screw.
i suppose the wheel will hold it due to the wheel nuts.
will there be any movement without that screw, is it safe, like no worries?

[Edited by Medic_01 on Jan 31, 2006 4:34 PM]

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
No worries, remove the screw. That's what almost everyone with aftermarket wheels had to do (including me). You will have no problems at all I think they just had it on there for ease of assembly at the factory.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Most cars dont even come with a set screw to hold the drums down. The 05 LC2's dont come with one to my knowledge. No clue why manufacturers put it there, theres real no use for it except to keep it together for assembly. But who am i to judge car companies, LOL i just buy the cars. (pun intended)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts