Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oKAY :puzzled: , i have tried a few things to figure out where my damn heat has gone,:disappointed: i replaced the thermostate, even thought the stock looked different from the aftermarket..and still no heat, i think the next thing would be to replace the heater core, but i dont konw if its that...and you know if i walk into a mechanic they would telll me i need that just ta make some loot

anyways please help me out, winter is comin quick,
:nervous:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Are you sure your little temperature doors are not broken? or the slide cable has not come off? I would start with that before spending big bucks on a heater core.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Your adjustments for the cables could be off, my were.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
S**T!! i have..and it was pretty hard to get it off, so mayb your right.... ive noticed when i turn my heat on, i get a cool breeze, yet i can still feel a touch of warmth.

has this happen to anyone else? and i pray this is the problem, i dont want to spend anymore money on this motor, im lookin for a cheap beta motor now to do the swap

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Happened to me twice, look next to your gas pedal against the firewall, there should be a little white plastic wheel, and there should be TWO wires hooked to it, the wires are thick, and are wrapped in rubber. If only one, than yeah, no heat. Also, rotate the wheel while your fan is on, and see if it gets warm.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when this happen to you, did your Temp Gauge Give out?

i will try that and post back..

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you recently had your radio replaced, there's a chance the heaters cables were not hooked up right when installing a new radio. I had the same thing happen when I updated my system. I just looked at the cables and moved the slid switches to make sure cables were in the right position to get the full adjustment. Just an idea if this is your case.. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts