Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to ask such a kinda bland question, but I havn't been able to find a place which has them on hand. The gasket in question is the one between the exhaust header and the engine block. I picked and pulled one out to replace the current (badly) cracked one, but havn't been able to find a place selling a gasket.

Needless to say, as the two places I looked were a gigantic Napa warehouse, a generic pepboys and a generic Kragan, I'm a bit on the totaly unamused side at this point.

All the online places give a price of about $10 ...and a shipping time of a week. Then there's the 'high temp' gasket maker. As it's the exhaust header, I'm not so sure that's high temp enough.

Anyhow, thanks for any help given. ^.^;

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...After thinking a moment, I decided to give the napa site a poke. They don't store their exhaust gaskets, excepting the lower ones down a ways, in the 'exhaust' section. No.

The upper block to manifold gasket is under the engine gaskets. Go figure. x.x

Anyhow, when replacing the header itself, I'm guessing I should replace the top one, but how about the middle one where the 4-2 and 2-1 sections combine?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All swapped out. The crack in the old one ran 2/3rds of the way around one of the pipes, explaining the rather loud noises it made and the random problems I'd have. ^.^;

Also, aparently the paint I used on it was supposed to cure for a week before being subjected to high heat. ...Oops?

I just reused the lower one. By the time it becomes an issue, I hope to have saved enough to just buy a good 4-1 one instead. x.x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts