Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed on the lc headlight's there is a teethed knob connected to a screw which you turn to adjust the beam..turn it left and it goe's higher..turn it right and it goe's lower.

i been adjusting it with the headlight off the fender but constantly doing this is a hassle..

what can i do to turn it easier with headlight intact in the fender?

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Try Autozone or Checker or something... A lot of times, they have just about any tool you need and you can get them to loan them.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by Accent95
[body]
There is no aiming the headlights for the LC's There are just 2 bolts that hold the headlight in place and no adjustment screw at all. :ermm:
[/body]
Umm, yeah there is (at least on the aussie ones) there are 2 little metal toothed wheels that you can use a phillips head (cross head) screwdriver on.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i need to know how to adjust them without having to take them off the car..that way i'll know where the beam is facing..

i mean, they have those toothed sprocket's for a reason, maybe a special adjusting tool no?

i pondering a custom made motorized adjuster for the headlights..like the one's in the mitsubisi evo 8.

·
Registered
253 Posts
whats the diffrence between lc and lc2 i have no clue :(:puzzled:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
thats not true, in my LC there is a screw in the back that when you screw it in the headlight goes up and when u screw it out it goes down, somethin like that, i just turn my lights onto a wall and adjust

·
Registered
453 Posts
I bet if you insert the philips in through the top it can be adjsted while it's in the car... look arround for little arrows on the top of the headlight, there on the LC2, and if not it's pretty obvious where to put the screwdriver,,,,

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Originally posted by TAK82
[body]
i noticed on the lc headlight's there is a teethed knob connected to a screw which you turn to adjust the beam..turn it left and it goe's higher..turn it right and it goe's lower.

i been adjusting it with the headlight off the fender but constantly doing this is a hassle..

what can i do to turn it easier with headlight intact in the fender?
[/body]
easier than putting a philips screwdriver in the little hole above it? got me on that one

^^ hey, look at my dumb ass not read the entire thread first. sorry zeroindigo :p

[Edited by rbuecker on Mar 8, 2006 5:19 AM]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts