Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i'm looking for rims but i don't know which ones will fit my car ........ Any body know which ones will fit w/o any problems or modifications to the wheel? Also if neone knows let me know what the website is .

·
Registered
572 Posts
Use the search button..this one question is what most of the accent forum is full of...;):

Some more advice..list what car you have and what year it is and it would make things easier....

Here is what you'll find in a nutshell....

Check for the right offset!!!

Stock for LC's is like 43...so look for something around that +40 should work fine...

Check your offset!!!

Most like 15's better than anything else because they help performance and won't weigh you down..

Check your offset!!!

Some like 16's Cause they look better and they don't weigh that much more...

Check your offset!!!

A few like 17's cause they just look big and cool...

Check your offset!!!

Almost all say that 18's look like ****(I will say I don't agree and have a surprise for everyone when my new turbo beta2 LC unveils in a few months :D )
------

Check your offset!!!

Some have fit 6.5-7 inch wide tires with no problems while some have had to trim the **** outta everything to get them to fit..

Check your offset!!!

205/40/16 will fit LC's....

Check your offset!!

Ok I think thats most of what I can think of at 1 in the morning lol....search and you will find everything else..

[Edited by silver01accent on Feb 10, 2006 10:22 PM]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i have a 95 four door automatic P.O.S. the reason i posted this topic is b/c My friend and I tried to fit his universal rims on my car but it wouldn't go on all the way then I talked to this one guy that has a nice lil 3dr and he told me that he had to drill bigger holes for his rims. And another thing I'd only go w/ like 14'' or 15'' maybe 16'' cuz my car already sits low so if i got springs it would really be low.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The problem is that your car has "captive Rotors" on the front, that means that there are 4 bolts holding the brake rotor to the hub.
Any rims you buy must have a space for these bolts to slide in or the rims will not fit properly.
I had to get a machine shop drill out space for these bolts for my wheels to fit.

Another guy got rims that were cut out for them:

I know that there are other rims with the space not so obvious, but it's still there on the rear of the rim.

Just search around, and you'll find something.
Hyundai 15" rims from an elantra up to 99 (I think) are a direct bolt-on.
Just make sure that if you get 15s that you tire size is: 195/50R15 so your speedo is correct.

[Edited by Platinum6316 on Feb 13, 2006 4:27 PM]

[Edited by Platinum6316 on Feb 13, 2006 4:29 PM]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do u know what kind of rims that other guy had ..... cuz if they're black that's cool cuz i kinda want black rims since my car is a green color .... black would match

·
Registered
631 Posts
Those are 15" Rota Slipstreams. They come in black and many other colors, and will allow for captive rotors. A new set should cost you between $400 and $450, but you can always find used on honda-tech. You need a 4x114.3 bolt pattern with about a 38mm offset.

If you convert to the Tiburon brakes, you can run any 4x114.3 wheel without having to worry about the captive rotors. That's what I did.

15x7 Rota GT3s

[Edited by Gimp on Feb 14, 2006 4:07 PM]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks Gimp for letting me know which ones they where. Btw I found a site that has them for 725 shipped and w/ kumho 711's ..... is there any other place u know of that is cheaper. or any other site that has cheap rims that would fit my car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts