Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now i have gone about fixing this problem everyway i know and nothing has worked

The problem is that whine you can hear through the speakers when, usually the rcas are too close to the power cable.

The car isnt a Hyundai, its my mates holden commodore.

We have tried the typical ways to fix the sound but to no avail.

Power cable is on one side.... rcas are on the other side as far away as possible

So to see if we could isolate the problem we hooked up a normal house cd player to the amps and turned on the car. NO WHINE

SO....

Could the problem in fact be in the headunit as its not the speakers, amps, or anything with the wiring.

This is really annoying me and my mate as i have my wiring in my excel in a mess and i dont have the whine problem.

HELP HELP

·
Registered
270 Posts
From what I have read (I have the same problem) it is almost always caused by a bad or inadequate ground (basically a ground loop). I would check the ground on your amp, and the ground on your battery. If either of those don't solve the problem then pull your head unit out and run a separate ground from the headunit to the chassis (instead/in addition to the factory harness ground). Just make sure that what you ground to is actually part of the chassis. If you still haven't solved the problems then you may want to try a ground loop isolator. Supposedly they work but I consider them to be quick fix sort of like muffler tape for a muffler with a hole in it. Try searching on some car audio forum sites as this is a common problem and they have better troubleshooting ideas there. I'm just regurgitating what I have read elsewhere but maybe somebody here with actual experience can give you better ideas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The alt, ign,fuel pump, and fuel injection all can make noise in the electrical system. Just find a good quality noise filter to run your head unit off of or try runing your head unit from a known clean electrical sourse. This has always worked for me in the past. Hope this helps

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i checked the grounds and heres the strange thing: the headunit turns on witout a ground!!! Now i have installed the same exact headunit in an older model excel and it wouldnt turn on until there was a sufficiant ground. In this car the headunit turns on with only a positive and ignition wires connected. The noise is still there and my mates starting to get pissed with me fiddling around. Has anyone else had/have the Pioneer -DEH-3750MP and can shed some light on why its turning on and fully operating with no grounding.

Really confused

·
Registered
91 Posts
if you have the aerial plug plugged into the head unit that works as a ground, but id hook up the ground from the wiring harness as well, also try doing what da_moose suggested with the other grounds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts