Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has replaced their clutches? I am putting a new motor and I am replacing the clutch also, when I pulled the clutch and p/p they fell apart before I could see how they were configured.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I pulled the engine out of the top I had to pull th clutch and p/p when it was in the engine bay to clear the tranny. And the clutch disc fell and I got confused on how it went in. Got it back together though. Looked at the diagrahm on the hmaservice website.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i had to remove my tranny mounts and shift the tranny into the hole between the frame and the strut tower brace in order to clear the clutch assembly next time i will pick the car up off the engine and tranny assembly as that looked to be much easier

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man you did all that to pull your motor? I didnt even pull the hood. I only pulled the motor, no cv axles, no tranny, just the motor. It was hell but it can be done.

·
Registered
256 Posts
sh*t i pulled the fenders off, the front headlight brace off, and had to remove the passenger side axel from the trans just to find out i had the wrong flywheel and then the seller on ebay took off after we had made plans to do a swap for the right one and it took me 8 months to get her back on the road but i am glad because that is what led me to find my truck that now pulls the car
the only reason i am selling her is because i am allready making plans to buy the new rwd hyundai

1 - 8 of 8 Posts