Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my wifes car i took it to get aligned yesterday after noticing terrible adnormal wear on the tires. The shop said the alignment was way out but the camber is too and of course its not adjustable. We bought the car 3 months ago and i suspect its been in an accident, i didnt notice one side was 2 different colors when we bought it, it was in the shade. The shop said i need 3 camber kits for 3 sides and the alignment wont hold up without the camber fixed. Is the camber bad from an accident or wear over time? It is a 2001 kia sephia with 75,000 miles.

·
Banned
59 Posts
On my wifes car i took it to get aligned yesterday after noticing terrible adnormal wear on the tires. The shop said the alignment was way out but the camber is too and of course its not adjustable. We bought the car 3 months ago and i suspect its been in an accident, i didnt notice one side was 2 different colors when we bought it, it was in the shade. The shop said i need 3 camber kits for 3 sides and the alignment wont hold up without the camber fixed. Is the camber bad from an accident or wear over time? It is a 2001 kia sephia with 75,000 miles.
Before you spend any money on adjusting the camber, see if there is a technical service bulletin. There is one for the Tiburon and the dealer should change/correct it for you with different bolts unless, of course, you camber difference is due to an accident.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts