Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm an apspiring technician and i'm learing the field fast. but all the people i talk to say our little cars aren't worth doing **** with. what do you think? i wanna prove to the people that hyundai isn't messing around. any ideas??? i want something with some serious power to compete the local idiots with exhuast who think they're bad ass. people just see an accent and they would laugh if i tried to race them. i just wanna smoke 'em in an accent

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm not gonna burst your bubble.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the world of owning a Hyundai. Beta swap is always a good way to get power, or depending on what year you have, the 4G63 swap. Check out the hybrid forum. Or you can always boost it.

Don't worry about the haters either, that comes with driving a Hyundai, there will always be naysayers.

Also, if you are referring to racing in your accent, I would suggest working on suspension first. Yeah, it really doesn't sound that exciting, but nothing is like having a good suspension set up on your vehicle.

Also, try to keep your racing legal. Street racing may seem "fun" but it isn't worth it. It's a good way to hurt somebody or hurt yourself. Plus, there is always losing your license.

Also, if you have any more questions, feel free to private message me or use the very helpful search button.

Good luck.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Believe it or not a 1.6l Accent can beat a lot of the guys running around thinking they're fast. A lot of people on here can attest to that. A V6 Tiburon can beat most ricers you run into, especially if they're dumb enough to start at a roll on the highway. Even the Accent has a disproportionately large amount of torque when compared to the typical 4 cylinder.

Get into autocross. Beating douchebags with giant wings and coffee can exhaust gets old. Real racing is way more fun and safe.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Beta swap all the way. Im currently working on one right now. If i was you I would do a bunch of reading and searching. Their is much info burried in this fourm here. Read and ask questions.
What year is your accent and what motor? 2dr, 4dr?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts