Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im tired of having traction issues, I know better tires will help but I also want wider. How wide can I got without rubbing badly on the fender wheel well? I have 185/65/14's now. Im thinking 195/60/14s to replace them with some real grippy tires. Provided my rims will take a wider tire (not positive), would it be possible to go any wider without rubbing....

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm very low and I'm running a wide 205/15r50 Falken Azenis. I do not have any rubbing issues in the front, but I run a good amount of negative camber (-2.5*), my outer fenders are rolled, and my inner fenders are all but gone.

I have rubbing issues in the rear. I had to install a 1/8" spacer on the rear to clear the trailing arms, and on a hard corner the rear does have minor rubbing on the upper well and bumper. Rear lips are again rolled.

My Kuhmos for racing are even wider than my Falkens. I may have to raise the car up some, at least in the rear, to clear.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have springs for a 2 inch drop! I was also planning on falken azenis... Im really not worried about the back, they dont need to be as wide as the ones in the front. That may affect hard cornering but I dont drive my car hard in corners, only the quarter mile.... I will consider some 205's, thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have 205's 17's and I have dropped my car a good amount, I am not sure exactly how much I have dropped it but suspension is really stiff.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i am running 215's on the front of my accent, 225's were touching the guards when the wheels were straight.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Corvettes use 275+ wide tires.

I fit 225/50/13 tires, which are quite a bit shorter than stock and is the only reason they didnt rub (other than properly sized wheels). Under the fenders stick to a 205/50/15, 205/40/16, or a 205/40/17. Anything wider in a good performance tire will almost definitely rub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts