Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem with my back brake drums. i think??

i have recently had new 16" rims and when i first had them i had a wobble on acceleration, it got that fixed with appropriate spacers between the hub and rim, but my problem is that when i brake i get a THUD, THUD THUD sound in my back wheels/ drums. the sound is speed related, the faster i am going then braking, the faster the sound etc.

any ideas? LC2 Accent 04"

·
Registered
978 Posts
you have factory rotors and they have warped?? naw, stock hyundai rotors are top of the line :(

pull on the ebrake at speed and see if it is the rears and make sure your strut bolts top and bottom are tight. i had that problem, and when the dealer did my tranny under warranty they left the drivers side bolts loose.

·
Registered
114 Posts
DON'T PULL THE EMERGENCY BRAKE AT SPEED?!?!?! javascript:addCode(':dead:'); 180 - 360 - crash!
Nice advice if you want him to crash or worse...
Just take the car to a shop they will see what's wrong in a safer way... than doing 180 at speed

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
actually, if you hold the button in and GRADUALLY apply the parking brake that is fine? At least that was what was tought to me about 9 years ago when I took young drivers. Now, I have never applied that technique while driving over say 30 or 40 Km/hr on my own, but I would assume it would be fine providing you dont apply it going 100 mph and just reef on it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts