Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 elantra gt I'm just curious if 05 engine and tranny would swap in fairly easy???? What would be some good swap projects for me to look into???? I love my elantra and want to toy around with it just need to know where to start kinda....

·
Registered
2000 model Hyundai Lantra GLS 2.0 (G4GF) factory 5 speed manual. Fully optioned. Most things work...
62 Posts
Is the Elantra GT a VVT engine? And any reason to why you'd want to swap the whole drivetrain and not just the engine? Port out and match the intake side of the head, add headers and fit a better exhaust. Do a simple CAI but keep the factory air box (an open air pod filter sounds cool but all it'll do is suck hot air from the engine bay = lose torque) Then I'd think about a stage 2 flywheel and kevlar composite clutch. And stop running it on regular gas - use mid grade (89-90) and try to avoid ethanol fuels as much as possible. Ethanol is trash. I find just using mid grade improves response and torque (the Australian equivalent is 95 RON) and even improves economy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts