Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
beacuse im am looking for like cams or somthing for my 2.0 and i cant find **** but i heard that the same motor thats in a mitsubishi eclipse is the same motor as my 2000 elantra 2.0

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
some clutches are interchangeable... i know that based on the fact that the pony (mitsubishi 4G14/4G16) clutch disk fits on an accent (alpha) motor.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Look for Tiburon parts. Figure out what year Tib corresponds to you Elantra, and buy their parts. Those bolt right on. I'm running a lot of Tib engine stuff on my 99 Elantra wagon. It all bolted right up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
parts for my car.

yea im looking for just like cam gears and what not i mean i have a 11 second camaro but i dont know i have kinda changed intrest and well i have a elantra 2.0 and well its pretty mean for what it is i mean i was blown away beacuse i thought the damn thing when i bought it would be a dog. but i have an intake and a free flowing muffler and it beats civics and 6 cylinder camaros. so now its like what els can i do to it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I hear you. My girlfriend smoked an Integra last night coming back from the gorcery store in my Elantra.

For parts, the sky's the limit. A lot of stuff bolts on, and more can be made to work. You could go the standard IHE route, or put a turbo setup on after an engine swap/rebuild.

Search around, and see what other people have on their Tibs, Elantras and Beta-swapped Accents.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Cams are extremely difficult to find. I'm going to try to have a set of cams designed for my HD eventually.

What is out there does not necessarily work well.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
hahahahahahahhahahahaha, garbage man, damn that just made my day. LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the 90's Hyundai was buying there motors from Mitsubishi, so certain motors have interchangeable parts. I was running Hyundai parts in my Eclipse.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have Galant VR4/EVO 1/2 Brakes on the front of my accent. (But I'm running Tibby Spindles) you'd be very surprised how much brake stuff interchanges between modern Hyundais and 90's Mitsu's the first time I pulled my wheels off the LC I was thinking its identical to a mitsu... You might be able to find bigger CV joints as well I know the outer spline pattern on a hyundai and a Mitsu are the same.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
the whatever to 1996 hyundais where 100% mitz (i think the sonata went even longer as a mitz). After that some things are simular and there are a few bolt ons. People need to check before buying crap like cams from a 4G63 for a beta after reading this thread because alot of that stuff WILL NOT WORK. Maybe we need to make a thread with things that are confirmed (by the person that actually put the part on) to be a bolt on part and from what car it came off of.... hmmm

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Hyundai designed the Beta off the 4g, they new the weaknesses of the 4g and they improved on that. Thats why you dont get crank walk in a beta.

But no, internals will not work.

You can modify say, exhaust manifolds to work, but its not bolt on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts