1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
well the 1.5L SOHC engine has an addition sensor in series between the throttle body and the intake filter unlike the 1.6L DOHC engine. i believe it is a MAF sensor but it must be kept in series to run. you might be able to rig it in between the filter and the piping but what i did was bought a cold air intake from cosmoracing.com. granted they are a bit high in price an you could probably make your own from parts at a local autoparts store but i was really happy with the cold air i bought.

·
Registered
959 Posts
never ever ever place a maf right after the filter. the air at that point is at its most turbulent and your maf will not get an accurate reading or the needle may bend sideways. im not saying it will break, but you have a greater chance of ruining it. plus, if you over oil your filter and it flies up into your intake tubing it may collect on the needle and make it useless. usually the engine just runs richer to err of the safe side.

just buy and extra piece of tubing off ebay. kits of tubes are cheap. you will need another silicone slip and clamps though. you may want to invest in a cai rather than a short ram though since summer is coming up soon.

·
Registered
354 Posts
actually you dont really need the maf sensor...ive been running without it for a few months now...check engine light comes on though....but you can just buy a silicon fitting thing that fits on the throttle body/sensor then connect the intake to that

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
accent0002 said:
.but you can just buy a silicon fitting thing that fits on the throttle body/sensor then connect the intake to that
Pepboys! They have these "DIY" air intake pipes that piece together and they even have a fitting that is made for cars with MAF sensors...go check it out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
look at my pic..... as u see i have the stock MAF pipe still attached on my 1.5L sohc the original air intake was for a twin cam 1,5L with no maf... my car runs fun and has a nice sound and dont forgot the whoooshhhh....

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I messed with several CAI options on my X3 before I just went to a hollowed out stock airbox. Basically cut the bottom out of the airbox to allow more airflow, similar to what PSC required you to do for their CAI, drop-in a K+N, and called it a day. My car always felt better with that setup over a filter-on-a-stick intake or a "true" cai.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah those custom intake is made by spectre. you can even make your own short,cold, or even intercooler system with those. my favorite has to be the 4 gen prelude front style mounted air intake system. it looks like an intercooler but depends on what your vehicle is like my buddies t-100 is possible without cutting and stuff unlike my sc300 it couldn't due to no place to connect it to behind the front bumper. you might wanna cut a hole in your engine bay if you have to. luckily some hondas already come with the holes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts