Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might seem simple, but where is the best place to buy window tint? I know Ziebart does it. I live in Dayton, Ohio and I don't know if theres any specialty places nearby or anything.

I want to get my windows tinted, but I see so many cars out on the road with the tint bubbling or turning purple. Where can I get a quality tint-job?

·
Registered
81 Posts
if you are going to DIY it, get Secret Zone brand, best IMO. but i would suggest just sucking it up and letting a pro do it. i had mine done at a local shop by a guy whos been at it for 16 years. no bubbles. no purple<--cheap tint turns purple

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, pros make it look easy when they do it, but in reality it's quite difficult to get a good tint install if you don't know what you're doing. Best to let a pro do it. Just had my 08 Accent GS hatch tinted 2 days ago by a mobile tint guy (came to my house, did it in my driveway), cost $130 which included 35% on the driver and passenger windows, 5% (i.e. limo tint) on the two rear windows and the hatch, and a limo tint "sun visor". Pretty good deal all around... and what a huge difference it makes out here in AZ!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know that if you want to avoid your tint going purple after a while don't get the cheap tint. Look into what kind of tint it is. It's not a bad installation that makes it go purple but rather the type of tint sheet it is.

Any reputable shop that does tinting will backup their work. So look into what kind of warranty they have. The shop I got mine done at garauntees that the tint will never bubble, go purple for the life of the car.

hope that helps

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Tinting is actually very easy if you take your time and have patience. It helps to have a friend also. Ive tinted my cars and friends cars, and there has never been a single issue. Then again, it takes me like 6-7 hours to do it because I make sure everything is 100% perfect. *lol* I have some Tech Guides on Hyundai Aftermarket that explain how to do it. If you have any questions though about applying it yourself and what to do it, feel free to shoot me a message. I'll be glad to help out. :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Gah!

Tinting right takes FOREVER! Dust free atmosphere, with window priming, and tint preshriking. I'd rather suck it up and give someone the 100+ dollars it takes to do the tint and drop that sucker off. I did it a couple times, and IMHO, it wasn't worth it.

Howie~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts