Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so tonight.. i was driving home.. and my windsheild washers went off randomly.. and now.. wont go off.. i have a feeling there is a short somewhere.. but would anyone know the first place to look?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
anything in particular happen that might have triggered the wipers to go on? Look at the wiper switch electrical schematic and find out if this is a ground side switched circuit. If so look for all possible places where that ground path might be shorted. If power side switched, look for anywhere where the power path might have shorted.

the other possibility, although less likely, is that the switch itself is mechanically worn out, and things such as a bump on the road, or something of the like made the contacts touch and activated the motor.

If I am not mistaken, there is an under dash Electronic junciton box that controls wiper functions, clocks, audio and the such. There are relays there that controll this circuit. Check for any thing unusual there also.

good luck 8D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yea.. i hit a bump.. and the next thing you know... it had a mind of its own... im looking at thw schematics now.. and im gonna figure it out.. thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts