Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where are the bolts underneath located, for the windshield wiper blades because one of mine aren't working and i was told most likely it just needs to be tightened. it's a 2001 elantra, my moms car. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Most cars have a cap that you just pop off which covers the nut holding the wiper arm to the pivot. You could take off the cap to ensure that the nut is tight if only one of your wipers doesn't work. If that isn't the problem then the wiper linkage must have broken.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a problem with mine hitting the side door. I took the cap off and did this twice as well my mecanic. It was already tight, and still insist on hitting my door at speeds higher then 30 MPH. This happen ONLY after wal mart installed Rain-X wipers. I think he fu**** it up because it never did that before. Any suggestions for that problem?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Try this. Remove the nut holding the wiper arm on, remove the wiper arm and then reinstall it so that its at a slightly lower position when off which will mean it won't travel as far at the top of its sweep. Also check that the correct length of wiper blade was installed.

I think you will be able to correct the problem by repositioning the wiper arm on the pivot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts