Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats everyone got doin this winter on their cars?

i plan on *collective gasp* installing a turbo that i am piecing together right now, as well as dropping the car 2 1/2 inches.... go low or go home... not too mention she will have balls to the wall speed... new graphics as well...

whats everyone else got planned?

·
Registered
85 Posts
1. Re-paint/Re-mold
2. Making graphics in adobe (something wild)
3. Shaving door handles, gas tank, trunk key
4. Installing Roof scoop (being molded)
5. Making car a single seater
6. Air ride system (take and gages will replace passenger seat)
7. Install turbo
8. Mold TV into passenger side of dash
9. 2 5.6" LCD's in visor's
10. 2 7" LCD's in rear

... the car won't be a daily driver anymore, going to trailer it next year all around... as well as to a couple shows in the states.... watch for it @ Nopi Nationals!

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
^^hot damn.

Well lets see...first I will be acquiring another RD1 from nyne, this one's a 5spd 1.8 liter that I will be turboing hopefully spring or summertime with the speedfactor extreme kit. I will also be having everything from my current tib swapped onto it and the whole car painted black (its blue right now). Also having the Zefiro hood put on and getting some new wheels, gonna lower it and hopefully I will also be able to afford the Sparco seats. Also Im gonna start working on my system as soon as I get the custom box from JAWS021. Other than that...well thats gonna be it for now, unless I get a better job, which hopefully I will.

My current tib will become a beater with stock wheels and body. Sucks for it :lol:

And next year I'll definetly be up there more for shows. I will definetly be back again for Hyundai Sunday.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
body work. bondo, sanding, paint, hood scoop. thats about all. i dont *think* there will be any more performance mods for a while. i would like to take a trip up there sometime this winter.

·
Registered
546 Posts
buying LC1 swapping in beta
remove back seat
front and rear strut bar
2" lowering springs
my stock LC2 14" rims
maybe shaved handles
hopefully custom stereo
eventually turbo

getting new 17" rims for my LC2
front and rear strut bars
1.6" lowering springs

now i just gotta build myself a hut to do all this moding in
thank god for family member who live in the sticks and have lots of land

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
^^^ Yeah Marc, you'd have a hard time doing all that in parking lot of your apt. building *lol*.

As for me, the only thing I'm doing to my car this winter is continue to drive it into the ground.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Originally posted by stickshift
[body]
^^^ Yeah Marc, you'd have a hard time doing all that in parking lot of your apt. building *lol*.

As for me, the only thing I'm doing to my car this winter is continue to drive it into the ground.
[/body]
sick! cant wait to see how it turns out!:lol:;)::duh:

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Originally posted by endlessmike
[body]
Originally posted by stickshift
[body]

[/body]
sick! cant wait to see how it turns out!:lol:;)::duh:
[/body]
[ricer]Dude, it'll be SO awesome! Like, with a bad clutch and worn synchros and rust and bad paint and no clearcoat on the spoiler. It's gonna be the coolest car EVAR![/ricer}

Marc, yeah, I'll totally give you a hand with the swap. I've never done anything that major with a car, but it's something I want to try. Let me know when you're gonna do it. 8D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well due to the fact i cannot afford another car, my 03 tib will brave another winter with 15" steelies....and winter rubber.....next upgrade will hopefully be the Alpine S/C....i have a huge wish list but teh S/C will take all my money....so i am crossing my fingers wo be part of the forced induction crew next summer....:lol:

·
Registered
546 Posts
[body]
Marc, yeah, I'll totally give you a hand with the swap. I've never done anything that major with a car, but it's something I want to try. Let me know when you're gonna do it. 8D
[/body]
well chris i,ve never done it by myself either, but it will be a fun learning experience and if it takes us all winter to get it running big deal ive got another car
lol

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Originally posted by mjmccarthy
[body]

speaking of graham, any cheap used cars come in
[/body]
yeah where's he been? Haven't seen him on here in a while. I miss the POTATOES and all the silly comments :lol:

·
Registered
915 Posts
u can buy my car. I would sell it to you for a good price, and a whole bunch of work has already been done. Think about it and let me know.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I second the E-braking... though i prefer industrial areas at 4 am. at least you can practice cornering while in a skid. Parking lots are fun but with the FF you are best off doing the reverse doughnuts.:)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Originally posted by Tibbychick
[body]
Originally posted by mjmccarthy
[body]

speaking of graham, any cheap used cars come in
[/body]
yeah where's he been? Haven't seen him on here in a while. I miss the POTATOES and all the silly comments :lol:
[/body]
He changed dealerships from Oakville to Burlington. He doesn't have a pc on his desk anylonger but I think he still tries to get online once in a while. It'll probably be a few more weeks before we replace ours at home. Then he'll be back to post-whoring before you know it! ;):

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
^^oooooh ok. Well I guess thats good, hes closer to home, right? I'll have to stop in and say "hey" when Im up there next month.

Oh yeah and change of plans already for my car, hahaha. Im just gonna do a 5 speed swap and still gonna turbo it. And Im gonna get it in show condition, as in getting the apint and roof fixed.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
yeah about next month. you never answered my offer about a place to stay......
i think the offer's still open if you're interested.
and ya i haven't even visited graham at the new job and i live in the same town. LOL
i'll go tomorrow as i desperatly need an oil change. (i'm 600km/s over already):??:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
and ya i haven't even visited graham at the new job and i live in the same town. LOL
i'll go tomorrow as i desperatly need an oil change. (i'm 600km/s over already):??:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts