Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyones ride height in the winter?

I have a 4" drop....should I raise it up?

·
Registered
108 Posts
drtygurl said:
What is everyones ride height in the winter?

I have a 4" drop....should I raise it up?

Ive been lurkin on the site for a while and it still boggles my mind that you can ride on 4" drop! How much snowfall do you get where you live?

·
Registered
171 Posts
i would be worried about all the sand and gravel put on roads to combat ice and snow.... driving behind other vehicles.....

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
I guess you could leave it lowered if you want to act as a snowplow. ;)

I'd raise it back up, maybe even to stock for the winter.

Vancouver winters aren't that bad. Edmonton always had a lot of snow. I'd suspect that Ontairo gets a lot of the white stuff too.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i live in st.catharines, on...which is basically niagara falls. we are about a 10 minute drive from the falls. we have had days where we have gotten like 2ft of snow. it all varys.

4" is awesome! lol i can't even fit a popcan under it! lol

·
Registered
706 Posts
drtygurl said:
i live in st.catharines, on...which is basically niagara falls. we are about a 10 minute drive from the falls. we have had days where we have gotten like 2ft of snow. it all varys.

4" is awesome! lol i can't even fit a popcan under it! lol
Nothing like totally ****ing up the suspension geometry

·
Registered
502 Posts
4ft snow fall you probably wont be able to drive your car anyway.
plus being that low might look good but being a street sweeper or snowplow isn't really cool.
hopefully you kept your stock springs. You might feel like a jeep going offroad with your broken struts but its better then not being able to move the car.

·
Registered
687 Posts
In the summer...

I usually ride with a 2" drop. It's not dramatic, doesn't affect the drive very much, and it kills that awful looking wheel gap. In the witner, however, I raise my suspension up at least 1" above stock.

God, I love my Tein coilovers xP Too bad the highest setting is only 1" above stock height. In heavy snow, I play snowplow.

Howie~

P.S. Whoopsie... Accent/Excell forum. Nevermind...

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
wide tire's aren't very suitable for winter driving..

they have to plow through the snow with what little grip they have from their sipeless tread..

skinny tire's like 175/70/r13 are better in snow since they're skinny profle allow's them to slice through the snow and aid inbetter traction

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
TAK82 said:
wide tire's aren't very suitable for winter driving..

they have to plow through the snow with what little grip they have from their sipeless tread..

skinny tire's like 175/70/r13 are better in snow since they're skinny profle allow's them to slice through the snow and aid inbetter traction
Pizza cutters are where it's at in the snow. Maybe even some studded tires.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Damn girl that's just out of control. I'm from a little south of you in the UP (hooray america). Stock height still made me a snow plow from time to time (in my 91 Excel I had....).

I vote go back to stock - and then in spring/summer maybe just drop it 2 inches. How smashed up does your front/sides get from driveways/speedbumps?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jkrswld said:
Damn girl that's just out of control. I'm from a little south of you in the UP (hooray america). Stock height still made me a snow plow from time to time (in my 91 Excel I had....).

I vote go back to stock - and then in spring/summer maybe just drop it 2 inches. How smashed up does your front/sides get from driveways/speedbumps?
gotta love all the snow up this way here eh!

2" in the summer again...thats like sad lol, it will sit like a 4x4 then lol!

i don't really get too smashed up, all that ever hits if it does it the tow hooks... i take speedbumps and driveways on angles!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ah...Man Im stock and there's a lot of driveways around here I still go into at angles! What size rims do you have? I could probably just check your profile or whatever but I'm already typing this ;P

·
Registered
737 Posts
I run mine with my summer alignment and ride height which is about 2-2.5 inches lower than stock but throw on my 165/80/13 kumho snow tires.

If the snow gets too high for the accent to plow through i'm not leaving my house anyway. It does damn well in snow even if I have to push through it(haven't got stuck in snow in the last 4 years) but if the car gets high centered, like in our ice storm last year, i'm screwed either way and in ice even snow tires won't make much difference.

At your ride height i'd leave the car parked when it snows just so your not ripping off the exhaust when you try running over a huge ice chunk.

I broke up my undertrays for the third time last year in an ice storm. I'm not making that mistake again. If you can raise your car i'd suggest it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
minorglitch215 said:
correction..... "soda can"
Correction: Up here they are Pop cans :)
Soda is "soda water" without flavour, Pop is everything else.

You Americans (j/k)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Platinum6316 said:
Correction: Up here they are Pop cans :)
Soda is "soda water" without flavour, Pop is everything else.

You Americans (j/k)

aaaahhhhhh it drives me crazy when i hear people call it pop..... not as bad as when i hear some one ask for a coke, and then the server asks what kind, root beer, sprite...etc.... a coke is a coca cola its not a reference to all the different types of soda!!!

its cool im just complaining

1 - 20 of 21 Posts