Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, justa quick 2 questions while wiring up my new subs for the accent, are there any problems running the remote and power wires down the same side of the car, any possibility of interference? So far I was planning to run remote and power one side, RCA the other.

Also, for anyone that has used a ground in the trunk of their car, did you make a new grounding point or reuse another point? Where my back seats are bolted to the frame are a few open bolts that would be easy enough to run a ground to, just going under the floor cover, any problems with that?

Anyway, thanks for the help..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Running the remote wire down the same side as the power wire will not cause any problems. The remote wire carries a minimal amount of current through it. As for your ground wire; the bolts for the seat are not the best to use but sometimes are the most convenient, but make sure of three things: 1. make sure that contact is bare metal. Use sand paper to remove any paint. 2. the ground wire should be no more than 5' long. The shorter the wire is the better. 3. If you have more than one amp and/or are using capacitors, be sure to use the same ground for all.

Good luck and happy wiring!!

Oh and don't forget to disconnect the battery. Don't want to blow s*** up.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just to add to the last post.................

(1)It's also okay to run the remote wire right along with the RCA's.
(2)After sanding down the paint,and securing the ground cable, smear either vaseline or anti-seize compound on the bare metal.
(3)Make sure your ground and power cables are the same gauge.

·
Registered
7,377 Posts
ground wires shouldn't be anymore more then 36 inches. also don't forget that have a fuse installed on the power wire with in 12 inches of the batter.y

·
Registered
314 Posts
You see that is why I love coming on these forums.......MADTIB, Solo.
Thanks for adding your knowledge and experience to my reply. I overlooked those items seing as how in my opinion those things are common sense in the world of car audio. But I guess we all had to learn these things at some point in time.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Problem with common sense,is from time to time you take those simple things for granted.Never ever forget about the basic's!! If you learn and understand the basics very well,you will most always do a great job.Not to mention,the basics can help immensely with troubleshooting.

Glad we can help every body out!! It makes my heart feel good.:smoking:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, thanks for the info guys. Now I've got Power cable to inline fuse to distribution block, block going to a 400W 4-ch amp for full range speakers, and block also going to my alpine mrd-m501 sub amp, powering my two subs (4 aug to block, 8 aug out to both). Both amps grounded to one ground dist. block (8 aug both), bolted to bare metal under trunk floor (4 aug)(vaseline applied;): ). Remote wire's been run with the RCA, much easier that way, and no sign of interference. Everything's bumpin nicely, thanks dudes :):)

·
Registered
314 Posts
No problem. Anytime.

Happy thumpin.!!

Another thing you may want to look into doing is adding some sound deadening material to your car. I recommend going onto ebay and getting some of that fatmat. It's like 100 sq ft for a $100. Works just as good as Dynamat but it's a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe, yeah, already got some fatmat, been waiting a while to do this, but finally working out. Not doing whole car, as I'm only gonna be using this car till after winter (semi-family car) and then I've got my supra to work on, so might as well get all the kinks ironed out now =)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey man. I wired mine up bout a month ago. I got the power control, power, RCA and remote control(came with my amp) all down the passenger side of my car. Worked just great. The cables are insulated so you should be good. Just make sure you're carefull settin em in there so they dont get cut. And a good pointer is when wiring the ground wire go under the spare tire cover and scratch the hell out of a half square inch peice of paint and ground it there. Watch out for gas tank of course. Hope it helps

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't see how you managed to run the power cable right along side the RCA's and not have noise.You may have a slight amount of alternator whine and don't know it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts