Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got ahold of a company localy and they have a 01 beta with 25k miles and for a pretty good price of 647.50 out the door. If i bring them my 1.6l alpha back to them in 14days or fewer i get 100 dollars back... Im goin to pick it up friday:D, and start workin on it that day or saturday... So Ryan at betaswapshop hope you have a flywheel and modifed pass mount, i'll be ordering from you soon... thursday most likely (get paid that day) Oh and for all that are wondering, i will be takin pics along the way!

-Kris (2004 Accent)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I believe that 01 is a Beta I and that it is MAP based....

I have an 05 which is MAF based, think they went back to MAF in either 03 or 04, and I think along with that it turned to Beta II.

Wait for confirmation on that, it's listed here somewhere in the archives, I'm just a little too busy right now, I should probably actually be studying....

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
where are you getting it from? and what part of phoenix. if you're not too far from my place (chandler) we could meet up and i could walk you through what i've done.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
no, i have to still put the wiring in. I was having trouble figuring exactly what goes where and even more so getting to some of the plugs, so it's out with the engine, in with the wires, and then drop the engine back in. just waiting for my friend to finish up his finals.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, i have to still put the wiring in. I was having trouble figuring exactly what goes where and even more so getting to some of the plugs, so it's out with the engine, in with the wires, and then drop the engine back in. just waiting for my friend to finish up his finals.
Thats too bad, im so glad im stayin away from cvvt!!! haha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
01 elantra is a beta 2 and yes map based. i took the mount's page off of the site because of a weird paypal issue (you the one that emailed me about it?) but i can still make them. and yes i have a flywheel.
YAY!!! thats very good to hear... i didnt want a beta 1... ya i emailed you last night... k well probably thursday i will order both... um how long does it take for shipping? oh and by the way, your youtube video is crazy sick! that car has some real balls!!! did strippin your interior help alot? and have you ran it down the 1/4 mile?

Thanks
Kris (2004accent)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
if you order it on thursday. it will probly be a few days before i get it made because of work. but it would be shipped out no later than monday. no i don't think stripping the interior did anything but make it loud as hell. i still have a lot of the trim and stuff left in the car. i pretty much just took out the carpet and backseat. and i haven't run it in the 1/4.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if you order it on thursday. it will probly be a few days before i get it made because of work. but it would be shipped out no later than monday. no i don't think stripping the interior did anything but make it loud as hell. i still have a lot of the trim and stuff left in the car. i pretty much just took out the carpet and backseat. and i haven't run it in the 1/4.
Ok... um is there anyway i can get express shipping:confused:...(i.e. 2-3 days) like get the parts before the 17 and 18th weekend... me and my gf are goin on a trip that following weekend... memorial day weekend... haha ya i didnt think it would make it faster... the accents intreior isnt that heavy and complex...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i got mine from him in like 3 or 4 days so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. are you planning on doing the swap and all taht before the 18th? that would not be a good idea...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
yeah, i planned to finish mine in a certain amount of time...i ended up buying a second car. just didn't want you to think you'd get it done by then, have something come up, and then you don't finish in time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts