·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok work just started to suck a whole lot more
heres the story

i was originally hired as the warranty admin for nissan
they hired this other girl we will call her B for now to do jag
then after a while my boss asked me to train her to do nissan so she can help me with claims after i trained her to do nissan he demoted me to a cashier (we had 3 quit so he put me there since i knew how to do it) i got a raise cuz of the demotion but i wish i didnt leave warranty i did what i wanted i left when i wanted went home when i wanted it was almost perfect
but now B is starting school she asked my boss if it is ok if she leaves 15 MINUTES early so she can get to class ontime she would only take a hour for lunch (we get 1.5 hours for lunch) and come in 20 min early in the morning to catch up with the work she could have done in 15 min he told her no
so she went looking for a job while this is going on he asks B to train S (other cashier) to know nissan so she can help her with claims (sound familiar) and now B is quitting and i think he is going to put S to do my old job!!! that is total bull

plus today i found out that the person i trained to do warranty makes get this $4 more a hour than i do!!!!

so bottom line after she leaves im going to talk to him(my boss) and tell him unless i get my old job back and i get paid the same amount he paid her im quitting

then to make things better i got offered a job as a tech at Kia with a garantee that i will earn at least what i do now

i dont know what to do any opinions? thoughts?

oh **** i have a bad feeling im going to have to look for another job:dead:

[Edited by faithofadragon on Sep 17, 2004 12:22 PM]

·
Registered
86 Posts
What ever you say, do not tell your boss that you're going to quit if you don't get your old job back. Saying something like that will back him into a corner and his response will most likely be "you do what you think you need to do". Don't ask for a raise because you just received one.

Talk to your boss, tell him you're not happy being a cashier. Remember he's losing an employee that was just trained (that costs a lot of money), so remind him that you are capable of the doing your old job.

Open lines of communication with your boss, be assertive - not demanding, ask to meet him/her first thing in the morning before the phone starts ringing, etc. Talk calmly, don't yell (you don't have to raise your voice to be yelling at somebody).

Again don't demand your old job with a raise or you'll quit. If one of the people I managed did that I might just help them find a new job faster than they think.

Good luck.
Jenkins

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
yeah, demanding and threatening doesnt usually tend to work. it might temporarily, until your boss finds someone to replace you, and then you get fired.

but uuuh, does nissan have a tech school?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i jus got fVcked lasted night he told me that he is going to put S back there and wants me to train BOTH S and the new hire how to do there jobs dood this sucks but he did give me a raise in pay (dont know how much yet) i dont know if i want to do this (average cashier new hire there lasts 3 months apparently cuz when i was in warranty we had 3 cashiers come and go in a lil over 6 months)

i dont think i can train a new hire every few months

that would drive me crazy

i wonder if my roomates need a job....

oh and nissan does have a tech school but my boss isnt going to send me he has 8 nissan techs as it is

[Edited by faithofadragon on Sep 18, 2004 7:27 AM]

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah the new westside

i just might

but i was thinking my roomate needs a job and it would be a hell of a lot easier to train him(to do the same thing i am now here at melloy)

[Edited by faithofadragon on Sep 18, 2004 10:06 AM]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Jobs suck.

order a pizza and watch ATHF.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok this is how it went down

1. boss told me S is taking over the warranty position if she cant hang then it goes to me
2. i got a raise
3. i became someones kinda boss (head cashier) i actually get to choose who i want to work with me...and how long they last
4. got a little more work but hey raise helps this is my 3rd raise in less than a year

he told me he really appricates the fact that he can depend on me and is really glad he hired such a trustworthy person(hehe ahh how special.....:zzz:

kia job was for just a lube tech position meh i like where i work its really kick back as long as i wear a polo shirt im good plus i have a charge acount and i decide how much is taken out of my check at a time if i do decide to charge things (parts, work on my car, stuff like that)

[Edited by faithofadragon on Sep 20, 2004 8:14 PM]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts