Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this Accent 2000 model and recently took my vehicle for ATF change and when mecanic took the car and start the engine saw some white smoke comming out of the tailpipe for abt 5 sec's when i ask the Mechanic guy he said these cars used to burn oil bit more coz of worn piston rings and valve seals ( Prematuarly ) is this true for Korean cars like Hyundai , KIA to wear out the engine prematuarly?? My one has done only 80,000 KM's :confused:

·
Registered
499 Posts
White smoke usually means water not oil. If the engine was cold and it was cool in the service area this is normal. Did the "smoke" disappear right away or hang around?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yeah went out in few secs, but i hav noticed im loosing oil, but i dont see any spill on the drive way, anyway must go to a greese monkey and see whats goin on

but this is done only 80,000, I have used a toyota which has 175,000 but no burning oil at all thats why i asked, whether these engines are to waste so early?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have 115K Miles on my 99 Accent and it uses about 1 quart in 6K miles. If you use regular oil, it and the filter should be changed every 3K miles. I use Mobile One synthetic and change it and the Mobile One filter every 7.5K miles and have had no troubles.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Your accent will drink that sythetic like crazy...use dino oil and you will be fine. If your getting white smoke on a cold engine thats nothing. If its white smoke with a hot motor, you most likely have a cooling system malfunction or a bad head gasket.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i know ur problem dude......... i switched to synthetic at like 72,000 cuz thats when i got the car and it it leaked past the valve cover gasket.... kinda easy to miss i lose a quart every 1500 miles till i replaced it i dont consider it the cars fault cuz it was mine but now she runs good and uses no OIL at all and i use full syn..... these accents go 200,000 plus dont worry about piston rings these alpha motors are strong dude.... able to handle turbo 7-12.7 psi

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
g4ebguyGTX said:
i know ur problem dude......... i switched to synthetic at like 72,000 cuz thats when i got the car and it it leaked past the valve cover gasket.... kinda easy to miss i lose a quart every 1500 miles till i replaced it i dont consider it the cars fault cuz it was mine but now she runs good and uses no OIL at all and i use full syn..... these accents go 200,000 plus dont worry about piston rings these alpha motors are strong dude.... able to handle turbo 7-12.7 psi
Yeah they are pretty tough. With all that Ive put my car through the car still runs better than the day I bought it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
g4ebguyGTX said:

Thank you for the reply buddy, Now I realized this is happening when the motor runs in Idle mode for abt 5 Mins and when you press the gas padle you see smoke :confused:

·
Registered
147 Posts
wut? if ur seeing smoke white or black thats bad!!!! If u have a bad valve cover gasket it leaks outside the motor and onto the heat shield which burns and then smoke can rise from ur hood a little but not ur tail pipe...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts