Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My accent is totaled according to insurance co, i don't have collision on it, its an 03, but I was wondering it should start up again, it started after the accident, but now the battery is completely dead b/c of all the wires that got cut inside the drivers side fender.

Are these wire harnesses easy to replace? It looks like its all taped up together going from the interior fuse box to the engine compartment fuse box, I can't even get the hood open at the moment, but I'm hoping that it doesn't have a ridiculous amount of couplings to deal with if I get a replacement somehow.

Just wondering if anyone ran into this problem or knows about it from doing engine swaps...

I'd like to fix it myself and just cut the metal shrapnel off with a sawzall , put in a makeshift headlight and leave the open fender for the rat rod look.

I started to look at other cars and I'm beginning to miss my accent, especially after I personalized it by tearing out the rear seats for extra cargo space.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I would go to an auto recycler and see if you can't find a harness. just tell them exactly what happened. I found one that way. Make sure the one you pull it off of has the exact same features as yours. It could work if the harness has different options than yours, but that's more plugs to worry about. It really should (in my experience) just be plug (and guess) and play. If you can get one fairly cheap, might as well try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts