Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a new project car that is currently already running. i have 3k in hand right now for it. not looking for anything specific really... just want a car to work on right now. if you have friends selling things, let me know to. i would prefer somewhere in florida but as far up as maryland and as far west as texas will be considered. thank you

·
Registered
266 Posts
you can get my wagon(cheap) with the 58mm bblb from sr, cold air intake. it is a great project. runs needs a little love and exaust but it is in great shape has been in my family from day 1. my dad gave it to me 3 months ago(he is 50), just to give you some idea about the car. i would keep it but i just want somthing smaller.

[Edited by danwagon on Feb 26, 2006 1:26 AM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
get a loan.. hahah

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=59731

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have a shell of a 1964 rolls royce that has all the left overs from my project, bought three of them to put one together:). (one was a 65)

It has a full body with some rust, but no replacement panels needed. Has all the glass and chrome pieces, bad motor and flat tires, most of the drivtrain is still in the car, missing a few pieces here and there, like drivshaft, etc. does roll around if you were push it :). (flat tires, push hard)
has hubcaps and wheels.

Figure cost would be in the 400-500 range, cost to make it drive would be around 15,000, and to make it perfect would be in the 25,000 to 35,000 depending on what drivetrain you chose to go with.

right now it's just sitting, a friend was hit in his truck (chevy 2500,3500, not sure) and we were thinking of shorting up the frame and dropping this body on it, but let me know and I will travel out to it and take pictures. it's about 45 minutes away from me at the moment in storage (covered).

·
Registered
978 Posts
oh yeah, and an integra with 60,000 original miles, 2 door automatic that could use some body work, runs great, 1500 to 2000 should do it. I am trading two amplifiers for it in the next few days if everything works out right.

·
Registered
653 Posts
ive got a 01 Tiburon i could give you for 3K. leather interior clean title, only 40K miles. Cuda body kit that needs to be repainted, VIS invader hood. AC doesnt work, no air bags, front/rear wipers do not work, auto tranny. but im in california. its my current daily driver, but i only use it like once a week now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dude, check out my post on the 300zx. It's a perfect project car. It's currently n/a, but you can pick up a used turbo vg30et engine to swap in for around $800 according to some other zx owners. Has new headers and custom catback. Needs a little love. And as far as me being in Mass., I would travel to Maryland to deliver it to you. Hell I might even go to FL. to deliver it to ya.
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=72642

[Edited by kb5133 on Feb 27, 2006 3:28 PM]

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by meee2yo
[body]
oh yeah, and an integra with 60,000 original miles, 2 door automatic that could use some body work, runs great, 1500 to 2000 should do it. I am trading two amplifiers for it in the next few days if everything works out right.
[/body]
sounds good to me. integra is most appealing. the nissan is a bit too old for my taste. and the 01 tib is too far unless 3k includes delivery.... dont really care for v dubs unless its the newer ones.

but can i trust u on this meee2yo? u never sent CB or me money for items u were spose to purchase. if u are for sure u have that car and are willing to sell it for 1500, i'll take it.

but whats up yameneko?

[Edited by thegrim on Feb 27, 2006 6:16 PM]

·
Registered
285 Posts
There's only a couple of kits that I know of. I'll try to find the pics. It could be made into a drifter, but would require some suspension work tuned for that type of thing and some weight reduction (it's power everything). Easy to oversteer, but hard to maintain or maybe I just suck at it.
You wouldn't know that the engine is 20 yrs old, it's got some kick. Stock n/a was rated at 160 hp. Like I said in the post, I just put new MSA 6-2-1 headers on and a custom cat-back (2.25 if I remember right) and a Turbo muffler.
I bought it as a project car/winter beater, but if everything works out alright I'll be moving out to New Mexico to chill w/ Redz. It's my daily driver in New England so you know it's reliable.
Anyway if your serious, hit me up on email and we can talk price (you could potentially pick it up and a turbo Vg30et for less than $3k or slap a turbo on the stock engine for a lot less than that. I'm flexible on the price and serious about meeting you around Maryland with it.

[Edited by kb5133 on Feb 27, 2006 7:33 PM]
Sorry no pics, but here are the links for some kits and accessories. Also the company I bought the headers from.
http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-1511&Category_Code=8AP
http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-1511&Category_Code=8AP

[Edited by kb5133 on Feb 27, 2006 7:37 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I had a 84 300zx turbo, power everything digital dash, leather etc SWEET CAR! I still have the turbo ecu around, its urs for $40 if you buy the car....

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah grim, we won't go there.

There is nothing to trust, I am trading a ms1000 and a ms2125 for the car, will get more info, and the deal has not gone through yet, tho by the sound of everything, it's pretty much a done deal. Will get you the actual milage, year, motor, etc today or tomorrrow. Come on up to Chi town, check it out, I can take lots of pics, don't like it, don't come, like it, take it.

I know nothing about the car except that it originally belonged to a grandmother who got a new car, and gave it to her granddaughter who drove locally with it, then grandson who after around 1 month with the car bought a new car, so figure it's at least been driven hard for a month. As far as keeping it running, past repairs, etc I know nothing so no promises here. I do not have enough background on the car to say whether the car would break down, blow up, flip over or fly on your way home. I can say that from what I have seen of it, it's not bad, needs body work. Will get pics in the next few days.

Still not sure 1500 or 2000. An ms1000 10th anner is worth around 900 dollars (i will only have 1 left after I sell this one. and a ms2125 in this condition is worth around 400 dollars street resale value. Cost on these amplifiers was 1299 for the ms1000 and not sure on the ms2125. so 1500 would cover manufacturer cost,

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
okay how about this. u send me that 200, well not even 200, how about 175 for the springs and i'll give u 1875 for the car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
yo man, i crashed my car and it will need a lot of work. i am waiting to hear from the isurance company but im am sure we can work out a deal. it runs and drives and the air bags never deployed. an SUV just drove over the front. it is funny, there are tire marks on my hood, but i have my stock hood, that wasnt on the car.

·
Registered
978 Posts

the deal is done,
91 integra
61,133 original miles
This car is in Great shape, going to go for the 1800-2000 range

LMK ASAP

[Edited by meee2yo on Mar 4, 2006 3:16 PM]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts