Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it begins. Me and ryan started pulling it apart. Mostly to get parts off to sell, but also to get down to things like the wiring harness etc. Here are some pics. Ill keep this updated as I this project progresses.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Are you doing a beta swap? Excuse me if this question is dumb. Also why did you remove the IM?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Going to put the right transmission in this time? :)

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plans: Beta engine, beta 5spd trans (XD), beta ecm (the data atleast), and an 80 shot.

I bought it for $200, it came auto (blown). The random part disassembly is because things are going up for sell. The entire a/c system was the first thing to go.

Right now I am working on fixing the back end. Had a small fender bender. Tail lights are now in the correct place, bumper is 50% done, and the trunk lid... eh.. that is going to take some time. I am thinking about trying to find a cheap one.

what I started with

after a few hours of work.

the bumper is actually a little more lined up that what it looks like in the pic. I dont have it bolted in place atm.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Can't beat the price. ;)

·
Registered
845 Posts
If your only adding nitrous, you should do a delta swap just to be different!!!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
You going to use the Tiburon gauges or do the Accent gauges plug into the beta harness?

·
Registered
686 Posts
i wanna know this too, i just got my project car and donor car today and gonna start stripping the accent (i'm swapping the entire harness as well).

·
Registered
845 Posts
i wanna know this too, i just got my project car and donor car today and gonna start stripping the accent (i'm swapping the entire harness as well).
You never swap the entire harness, only the control harness.

JOeFr0 if you are building an x3, I believe that the beta ecm will plug into the accent harness.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i'm going to be trying to rewire the LC2 cluster as well. i believe drerob's done it. perhaps he could provide some insight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts