Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So would it be best to goto a site and buy the motor.. and what tranny do i use.. arent most the turbo 4g63t's awd and rwd.. how woul di convert to a fwd.. AND i have an auto
should i just drop a auto non turbo in or would that just be a waste? costly to swap to 5 speed? info and sites.. anything would help
plan to toss 5k into this car.. :embarrassed:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
4G63's came in MANY FWD cars. The Mitsubishi Eclipse and Galants, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Lazer, I think a few others also. The turbo engines came in the GST (FWD) and GSX (AWD). They also were used in the Galant VR4's but thsoe are pretty rare, especially if you're trying to find one in a salvage yard.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know the motors came in alot of cars
just didnt know which were fwd
so i should keep an eye out for the gst's they got fwd turbo i just want to have everything to drop right into place..
thanks alot

·
Registered
597 Posts
all the donor cars are either fwd or awd but it doesn't matter what you pull it out of. there's a few options for trannys, the fwd box that comes in the GST would be ideal but you can use others.

there's tons of info about all this, go over to 4g61t.org and search.

·
Registered
70 Posts
can we convert it into awd?? cuz i was looking at the TRP accent and i guess it was using the evo drivetrain. so im guessing it is possible. but what exactly is required. is it better to do the swap and keep it fwd? or will an awd conversion be better?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea im just going to be dropin the stock motor in.. do basic replacing and intercooler upgrade .. keep it sleeper.. i think 200hp on a 1400lb car is enough

and for the awd or fwd.. if your plannin on alot of upgrades then you can fork the doe out for the awd conversion.. im just tryin to do the cheapest swap

[Edited by Excel2NR on Dec 27, 2005 6:03 PM]

·
Registered
70 Posts
how much would a project like a 4G63 swap and an awd conversion cost?? an estimate?? 10Gs?? i really want a good handling car.. so an awd is really on my mind.. i know it'll be cheaper to get a wrx or somethin like that.. but i really like hyundai.. lol. so i rather go with the accent and do a conversion..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts