Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bled my brakes and the pedal travels maybe 2 inchs before gripping.
When I turn on the ignition the pedal goes to the floor.
I tried bleeding them again with the car running and they still go to the floor. Any ideas ??

·
Registered
596 Posts
Did you re-fill it properly??
Getting rid of all air bubbles during the re-fill process...

Also try adjusting them...

Check both cyclinders (master and slave)...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I've always had good luck with vacuum bleeder pumps, but I still would rather bleed the traditional way. If you're pedal travel is excessive, there's still air in the lines so its time to rebleed. It would take me upwards of 4 tries to get a solid pedal with my X3.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Check for rusted backing plates on the front pads. I had some brake material that was separated from the backing plate and had the same symptom. I almost replaced the master cylinder (after bleeding all of the system) thinking that was the problem.

·
Registered
737 Posts
if you bleed them again and you still have a limp pedal and you don't have something leaking(check your rear wheel cylinders) then chances are you might have a bad master cylinder.

·
Registered
427 Posts
how's the adjustment on your rear brakes?
how many clicks before the parking brake grabs?

the auto adjusters in my car never work, so every three months or so, I rip them apart and spin them up (and check everything else while I'm there)

The problem I get is the lip around the edge of the drum from wear ... makes it difficult to remove the drum. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts