Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i might be doing some brakes on my friends car. I havent looked at a hyundai in years, is there anything crazy going on down there i should know about? main thing being is the rotor a seperate piece that will just pull off?

·
Registered
499 Posts
No the rotors do not pull off. You have to remove the bolt from the axle and pull the hub off. There is a grease seal between the hub and steering knuckle so try to pull it off evenly, pry a little at a time so as not to hurt the seal. If for any reason you have to replace the seal you will have to pull the bearing from the hub and you WILL need a bearing puller to do this. When you reassemble the hub the seal seems to seat itself properly into the knuckle just by tightening the axle nut. If you do pull the bearing and replace the seal ( this is really the proper way to do the job ) then you place the bearing into the knuckle and then drive the seal into the knuckle. You can then place the hub in the knuckle and draw it into the bearing using the axle nut. Finally make sure that the calipers are free to slide in and out on their mounting pins when you replace the pads.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Ass wipe, check for sale once in a while. I'd rather sell you a Pony than my 16 yr old cousin. PM me for details, or else a teenager gets it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts