Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do strut tower bars make a significant difference in handling? I ran a little test by putting planks under the front passenger side tire of my 99 Accent until the drivers side front wheel was off of the ground and measured the distance between the strut towers. I then removed the planks and measured the distance again. There was less than 1/16 inch difference so how much help could a bar really be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
rocconi said:
Do strut tower bars make a significant difference in handling? I ran a little test by putting planks under the front passenger side tire of my 99 Accent until the drivers side front wheel was off of the ground and measured the distance between the strut towers. I then removed the planks and measured the distance again. There was less than 1/16 inch difference so how much help could a bar really be?
yes it is worth it.it not only hlps with the little tweek of them going toward each other. but the twisting as well, and yull notice that more in a very high powered or loweder car!

·
Registered
119 Posts
it makes a difference if you have the whole package
strut shocks, coils, and strut bars, both front and rear.
on my 99 gsi, I jumped from stock to the complete capage (suspension/strut/wheel and tires) and I was very impressed of the handling from the little hyundai. Never tought could turn curves that fast :D

And that's not the best yet, you can still buy a whiteline rear sway bar and full coilovers Ksport, this is some real stuff but, your car will be as stiff as a race car lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
sway bars first

·
Registered
63 Posts
rocconi said:
seems like a good test, but seems a bit static. if the car is cornering under speed, i'd think the centrifrugal forces and street bumps would be distorting the symmetry of the strut towers a lot more than 1/16 inch.

but the plank test gets kudos nevetheless! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts