Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello how do i knock back (retard) timing on my sohc 1.5 x3?
As the car is pinging even on light load.

Also i have put a pod filter on, but there was a temp sensor in the airbox which had to be disconected. Is that temp sensor thing needed? its been fine for about 1 year with it disconected.

thnx

·
Registered
686 Posts
put some higher octane fuel in :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha why on earth would i waste $ on premium for an x3.
the good stuff is put into my other car.
This x3 is just a daily hack. But yes ive tried premium and it still knocks. Its also manuall.

·
Registered
71 Posts
creole said:

Also i have put a pod filter on, but there was a temp sensor in the airbox which had to be disconected. Is that temp sensor thing needed? its been fine for about 1 year with it disconected.

thnx

Don't these cars have knock sensors on them?? Even my 2000 Accent knocks sometimes but for a few sec's and it vanishes

·
Registered
71 Posts
creole said:

thnx

dont these car's have knock sensors on them?? even my one knoks sometimes but for a few sec's and it vanishes

·
Registered
737 Posts
ignition timing is controlled only by the ecu

if it is pinging then the computer will retard timing for you based on the reading from your knock sensor

it baffles me that accents would be suffering from preignition but gas sucks nowadays so that might be the cause.

you shouldn't suffer any long term casualities since hopefully your ecu is doing what its supposed to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts