Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The warmer weather is finally here and this is going to be the first full summer I have my X3 Excel.

I purchased it in Feburary this year and noticed that on a Warm-Hot day after driving it constantly after a while If I took it past 3,000rpm in 2nd it would jerk like mad between 3,000-5,000rpm. (I don't usually hammer it that much)

The three times that it has happened to me I have either been using my Air-Conditioning or just finished using it.

So im wondering two different problem areas.

1. My tranny is on its way out (don't understand why it only does it in hot weather)
2. My Air-Conditioner compressor has a problem (maybe a clutch?)

Also when I turn my Air-Conditioning on I always here a strange pressure noise like piiiiiishhh for 3-5 seconds and it goes away. Then when it cycles on and off its only quietly does it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Dean.

·
Registered
463 Posts
like when it shifts gears?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Sounds too me like a spark problem...
One or more of your spark plugs aren't firing 100% of the time when you put it under load...

Happened to my friends old Holden...

Check the plugs (i bet at least 1 will be rather black and sooty)...
Test the leads and i bet $0.001 that it will be a stuffed plug or lead...

But does the jerking happen in all gears or just 2nd??

With your air con maybe it needs a re-gas...
Nfi about that really...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
103 Posts
. . . ha I had the same problem. It happened in all gears for me (as long as the engine was under load). Anyway check your IAC (mine was leaking).

hope that helps:p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have a look at the plugs and leads over the weekend.

When it does happen it will do it in any gear as long as its revving past 3000rpm and the air-conditioning is either on or just been used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts