Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a quick search but haven't found too much on it...

is there a MAP based X3 (or MAP based 96ish Elantra)? in Australia, Europe, or Korea? Would the ECU lend itself nicely to a MAP conversion on a U.S. MAF based vehicle? Do other countries have OBDII diagnostics, etc? I have not checked hmaservice for wiring info, but wasn't sure if someone had a quick answer. i will continue my search as well.

if not, i may be looking to use a MAP sensor and S-AFCII. some will disagree and argue this method, which is fine, i'm going to attempt it anyway. i have an SMT-6 but the 'corrections' it makes are not percent based, they are a multiplier of a fixed number. not sure if there is a ROM update for the SMT-6, which may be another possibility.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump... is there such thing as a MAP based X3? Aussie gents?

·
Registered
459 Posts
There sure is. Our X3 dohc engines were a MAP setup. SOHCs were MAF. It is possible to have a MAP ecu rechipped to suit a sohc engine with whatever mods you want too. Not sure what wiring you would have to change though.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm... good to know. the elantra 1.6 or 1.8 DOHC motor of the same yet (in my case 96) ECU will swap right in. wiring is exactly the same, worked fine with my setup. supposedly it advances timing and runs a little richer, as well as activing the rad fan a little sooner. but i do not have proof of this.

wonder if we could swap the ecu and run MAP sensors instead. i have a 3bar map sensor that i'm very itching to use. and under certain conditions i am able to max out my current beta MAF sensor so i'm looking to remove any sort of restrictions possible. do you or anyone possibly have a MAP ecu that we could take pix and compare pins and possibly ship to the US for me to test? from a local pick and pull?

what is map sensor used on the GT model? just a 1bar?

[Edited by X3Jason on Mar 2, 2006 8:28 AM]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts