Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys,

1997 Accent Gt...use the car for daily use...Highway to work and back...I have 208,00 KM's on the car (roughly like 142,000 miles I guess), anyhow, I get about 430-450KM's to my tank...with the age of the car, is that good? Seems a touch low...but I dont have any check engine light on and keep the car tuned up (air filter, oil changes, pulgs...etc) regularily...Any thoughts?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sounds about right ... how's your driving style? Aggressive?? Spirited?? Normal?? or Get it off the road gramma!! :)
I've done my fuel consumption and I get around 8-9 L/100km
to do this, just set your triptick or write down your milage when you fill up, then drive. When you fill up again, divide how many liters it took by how many KMs you drove, then multiply by 100.

My best has been 6.1 L/100kms and my worst was 9.8L/100kms

·
Registered
281 Posts
man. i want a gt. the g4ek is starting to get on my nerves. i need to just find a beta motor for cheap and swap it, or find a gt engine and swap it.

*edit* i might as well contribute to this thread. i get around 280 miles on a full tank, and i drive it like i stole it. but the 12 valve just gets shitty milaeage.

[Edited by Pussykatt on Dec 17, 2005 8:04 PM]

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I am around 9l/100km, which for a 97 seems about right...I just want to make sure. As for driving style, I Would say average. 120km on the highway and 5 to 10 over on city roads...give or take.

Thanks for the replys

·
Registered
59 Posts
1999 X3, 12 valves
- in town I can make about 370 km on a tank (about 11 litres/100 km), but that's at peak traffic
- on the road: minimum was 5.8 litres/ 100 km (maximum 90Km/h or 55 miles per hour), normal is about 6,5.
- on the highways: about 8 - 9 litres/ 100 km, at a speed of 130 Kmh (80 Mph), depending on load.

I don't push it over 3500 rpm often.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so then mine is about right then!

That is good to hear, I do a lot of driving, but it did seem like I Was going through it quick...Thanks for all the reply's boyz!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How Big is the X3 anyhow? I am guessing 36-40 Litres? Am I correct?

·
Registered
556 Posts
im pretty sure the GT's have a 40 or 45 L tank....and i get about 425km per tank of gas when its highway driving....and abouty 375 inside the city to work and school, etc....

·
Registered
59 Posts
The tank holds 45 litres, but the yellow light that anounces almost empty tank comes on (in my car) when there are still about 6 - 7 litres left, so from full tank to fuel warning is abouit 39 - 40 litres.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts