Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between the X3, LC and LC2 manual transmissions? Do any shift faster or are more rugged that the others. Do beta MTs shift faster than than alphas. I know that the betas are geared higher and are more rugged.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
the beta transmisisons have a better shift feel, they dont feel notchy like the alpha transmissions..

even with a short shifter, they have a snick snick motion,

but the alpha tranny make you feel like you cutting a notch on a stick with a knife..it's shifting action is a bit stiff and unrefined..which explains' why the car's budget based..so i wouldn't be suprised if the accent tranny is better than the beta tranny.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
^^I am interested!

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Ok so i got the idea from here. Why does everyone change the shifter, when the problem is the linkcage!!?

When you look at your shifter linkcage under the hood, you will see two cables, the one closest.. wait this is on a BETA tranny... to the front of the car will be your Forward and Reverse movent of the shift, like, going from 1st to 2nd. Notice the location of the 'pin' on the flat 'shaft'. This pin will have a hole in it and little cotter pin holding your shift cable in place. If you cut off, and reweild this pin farther down the flat shaft closer to the rotating mechanism, you will have MUCH shorter throws. You only need to move this pin maaaybe 1/2 inch. This will increase shift effort tho. But then you add more weight to the counter weights and the shift effort goes down.. ALOT.

That help?:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts