Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

X3 with LC 1.6

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rocconi 
#1 · (Edited)
now that I have my X3... yes i found one in under 24h :). I plan on swapping in the spare 04 1.6L I have around.

Unlike others I won't bother posing the issue about "how do i hook up the maf" or other lame questions. The beauty about it is that everything seems plug n play

but I do have one question. Has anyone else ever seen this?

#3 ·
GregsterGSi said:
now that I have my X3... yes i found one in under 24h :). I plan on swapping in the spare 04 1.6L I have around.

Unlike others I won't bother posing the issue about "how do i hook up the maf" or other lame questions. The beauty about it is that everything seems plug n play

but I do have one question. Has anyone else ever seen this?
what is the comparison between that and the 2.0l that people usually do as far as power and the actual swap job i also have an x3 but mine is 4 door

#4 ·
I like that idea. Is there an advantage to using a 1.6 transmission? Does a 1.6 transmission work with the X3 axles?

#5 ·
One other thing, does the 1.6 have a higher red line than the 1.5? If so, then you would need to use a 1.6 ECU.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.